Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Under Scrutiny
19,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.wtoc.com/story/32427556/2-teens-arrested-charged-after-early-morning-robbery-carjacking

A six-month-old baby is safe and two teenagers are in custody after an early morning armed robbery and carjacking in Liberty City.
Davontay Jones, 19, then ran into the woods with the infant. Officers arrested Jones around 6 a.m., and then found the child two hours later alone near a fence line behind a shed.
Investigators have since learned that Jones, the infant and the 13-year-old girl are siblings, and that Jones and the girl were both involved in the robbery.
Jenkins said a worker from the Dept. of Family and Child Services told her at that none of her children will be allowed to come home with her tonight.
“They are not blaming me for it, but to me it seems like they are pointing their fingers at me because they are removing my kids because of that one incident," she said.

·
Under Scrutiny
19,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
http://scmpd.org/scmpd-officer-reflects-on-finding-missing-infant/

Fernandez and other officers trekked through the woods and thick vegetation in search of the baby. Deeper into the wood line, Fernandez found the child lying on the ground near a shed. He wasn't moving.
"I didn't know if he was alive or not. When I saw him, I imagined my youngest lying there," the father of two sons added.
After jumping the fence, the officer ran to the child and rubbed his sternum. The child began moving and Fernandez felt immediate relief. He lifted the child and supported his head, quickly trying to assess any injuries sustained in the car accident.
In all, the infant spent three hours by himself, as the original call started at 3:45 a.m., and he was found at 7 a.m. Fernandez said the child seemed terrified after the ordeal.
"He was freaking out, looking around, and didn't know where he was," he said. "I was looking at his injuries. I could tell he didn't have any broken bones - a couple of scratches here and there, and he was covered in sand spurs, leaves and trash."

·
Registered
917 Posts
That's a pretty big 'infant'.

Talk about a messed up family dynamic. DFACS may have never paid them a visit, but if you think local law enforcement hasn't been involved with that family before I've got a bridge in Brooklyn I'd like to sell you.

·
Registered
9,360 Posts
if there are more messed up families than this, i don't care to learn about them.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
"They are not blaming me for it, but to me it seems like they are pointing their fingers at me because they are removing my kids because of that one incident," she said.
Oh good grief. Yeah it's just that one isolated incident. Oh hey people have to ditch their infants all the time when those mean old cops chase them. Hey, right there with ya sista. I don't see why they're so upset about it either. I mean it's not like a white cop left the infant laying there, right?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts