Savagely Based Media (EJR914 Youtube Channel)

Discussion in 'Off-topic Political' started by EJR914, Dec 14, 2016.

1. EJR914

EJR914 Cheezburger Operator

2. EJR914

This is your brain child, just so you get some of the credit, bruh LULZ :rotfl:

I humbly say thank you, and critics are welcome, I need to get better at video, so anything you can say that would help me appear more watchable to the masses will help.

I won't stop being based, savaged, or red-pilled, so don't count on that. LOL:rotfl:

3. EJR914

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zaE4DC7VaD4[/ame]

Donald Trump

4. EJR914

5. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

Suggestion: Every 15 seconds or so as you speak, cut to an image, a video clip, a meme, a graphic or illustration, a sound byte printed out on the screen like giant font closed captioning, etc. Let that image stay on the screen for several seconds before going back to you or to the next visual aid.

I don't know about others, but I don't have enough patience to watch a talking head on the screen for minutes at a time. Unless I'm doing it for a client or as trial prep or taking s legal seminar.

P.S. Using content created by others on your blog or YouTube channel brings up intellectual property rights issues, but I think you could get a lot of stuff in through the "Fair Use Doctrine" in federal law.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2016
  6. EJR914

Thank you so much, Gunsmoker! :righton:

7. JiG

JiG Awaiting censure

It's cool to see what you look like. As usual, you build an image of someone and they look nothing like you thought they would. LOL.

I have a suggestion or four:

First suggestion is a general suggestion to everyone on youtube. Cut it out with the long introductions. Get to the meat and potatoes. "Hey, it's me again, have you heard about this crap?..."

Second suggestion: Bullet point your talking points before making the video. Have a short list of what you want to say and try to say it quickly. If you can keep your video under 2 or 3 mins, it is more likely to be watched all the way through.

Third suggestion: Ban the words "uh" and "um". If you say these, it is time to go back and remake the video.

Fourth suggestion, sound enthusiastic. You don't have to sound like the stupid RipTrippers guy about vaping, but sound like you are awake and are engaging someone in a slightly heated discussion. Sound passionate.

8. EJR914

Thank you, JiG!

9. Mrs_Esterhouse

Mrs_Esterhouse Swollen Member

The videos are getting better with each release. What Jig said plus subtly remind your audience to like, comment and subscribe. You may want a catch-line closing to give your videos a unique "signature".

I like what this guy does with his intros and exits. It's like you are entering his world for 6mins, and it's all helped along with visual cues like pressing play and eject on the VHS player. Stuff like that might not be your style, but it's something to consider....

https://youtu.be/7RVtquxi1zw

Also, a laptop cam might be a better choice than the cellphone cam. I also know a lot of people don't like vertical videos.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2016
  10. EJR914

That is awesome! Very true, all of it. I am going to buy a highend cam like they say to in other Youtuber videos, but I'll probably see if I get enough views to even make it worth it.

I'm going to take each and everyone of these critiques and add it to my videos that best I can.

Thank you all so much for your help!

Also, I'm not very Technically Proficient with any video editing, but I will study up and do what I have to do in order to do this, like what GS, JiG, and you were saying.

Ya'll are awesome! You have no idea how much I appreciate ya'll! :)

11. moe mensale

moe mensale Well-Known Member

Bullsh*t! That's John Goodman's Youtube channel.

12. EJR914

I look just like him

13. GM404

GM404 Well-Known Member

I would watch, but the vertical video...oye...I can't take it. TURN YOUR PHONE...and here is a PSA for you and others. ;)

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bt9zSfinwFA[/ame]

14. EJR914

15. phaed

phaed Active Member

Very cool amigo. Bully for you.

16. EJR914

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9b7avXmwX0s[/ame]

17. moe mensale

moe mensale Well-Known Member

We finally agree on something! :rotfl: