Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
2781 - 2798 of 2798 Posts

·
Registered
14,952 Posts
I don't believe the one in the lower left corner is considered a world leader. Actually, either one of them. Does Xi use condiments on his dogs?

·
NRA Certified Instructor
5,086 Posts
I’ve been in 3 different ITP stores in the last week and only found “Made in Vietnam” for all New Balance styles. I did not see any of the specifically enumerated USA styles on display.
Maybe you should have tried Amazon. There are plenty more but I listed a couple to make it easy.

·
Registered
4,440 Posts
I’ve been in 3 different ITP stores in the last week and only found “Made in Vietnam”
I'd go bare footed first.

·
Registered
4,440 Posts
took the opportunity to verify I wasn’t spreading falsehoods on the internet
Now that's a statement that needs to be seen more often.(y)

·
NRA Certified Instructor
5,086 Posts
Just to be clear...

Products made in the USA do not have to be labeled "Made In The USA". Products not made in the USA do have to have the Country of origin. Many of the New Balance line made in the USA have Made in the USA. Some do not have any country of origin. There are lots of products made in the USA that do not have Made IN The USA on them. Look for no country of origin or "Made In The USA" to find made in the USA products.

·
Registered
7,712 Posts
There's a small island chain in the Pacific that is a US protectorate - lets the folks there claim "Made in USA". But it is not what you think.

·
Registered
8,585 Posts
Just to be clear...

Products made in the USA do not have to be labeled "Made In The USA". Products not made in the USA do have to have the Country of origin. Many of the New Balance line made in the USA have Made in the USA. Some do not have any country of origin. There are lots of products made in the USA that do not have Made IN The USA on them. Look for no country of origin or "Made In The USA" to find made in the USA products.
This was clear…
I’ve been in 3 different ITP stores in the last week and only found “Made in Vietnam” for all New Balance styles. I did not see any of the specifically enumerated USA styles on display.
There was no confusion here; They were marked as stated. Zero unmarked and zero “Made in USA” were observed. 100% “Made in Vietnam”.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
FWIW, I watched the "Made on a Day" episode about the New Balance 990 shoe made in Massachusetts. The shoe is assembled there from mostly American-source materials, but the sole does come from China. It seemed to be their flagship shoe (costs $185 on their website).

The show did not focus on any other styles, but I have owned one of their other made in the USA walking shoes. It cost a lot, looked rather plain, and the sole separated from the leather faster than any other shoe I have owned.

·
Registered
4,440 Posts

2781 - 2798 of 2798 Posts