Savage Political Memes

Discussion in 'Off-topic Political' started by EJR914, Nov 18, 2016.

1. Wegahe

Wegahe NRA Instructor

Well...

Since you can NOT get the flu from the shot that means you already had the flu by the time you got the shot. Getting the flu is no fun to begin with. Getting the flu shot when it first comes available does prevent this. I have had the flu one time in my life. It just happened to be the one time I did not get the shot. I have been ill before but the with the flu I felt my life was near the end for a couple of weeks. The flu shot is far less painful.

2. phantoms

phantoms Senior Mumbler

No it doesn't. It could have been a different strain or the shot could have just been ineffective for him. There is no guarantee you will not get the flu after having gotten the shot, only a reduced risk.

Jonathan Freeman likes this.

3. Wegahe

Wegahe NRA Instructor

While there is a flu that is not covered by the flu shot the odds of getting it are less than 1 in 10,000,000. That flu is not covered in the shot because it in not very serious. A couple of days of of feeling really bad then about 3 or 4 more of feeling run down. No severe symptoms that could be considered life threatening. Getting the flu after getting the shot could happen within the week or so period before the shot has had a chance to kick in. Getting the shot early enough when it's available is your best chance to avoid getting the flu. Either way you CAN NOT get the flu from the shot.

Jonathan Freeman likes this.
  4. Nemo

Nemo Man of Myth and Legend

This can go here?

Nemo

https://www.themoscowtimes.com/2020...it-on-kremlin-funded-tv-sparks-outrage-a72176

Last edited: Dec 2, 2020
    Bkite likes this.
  5. DonT

DonT Deplorable bitter clinger.

6. Jonathan Freeman

Jonathan Freeman Active Member

I’m sorry here your had a hard time getting the flu. I definitely understand your concern about not getting it again and I support your right to do so.
    I got the shot early in the season ... not like 2 days before I got the flu.

I still don’t get one and most likely won’t again.

mog likes this.
  7. Billennium

Billennium Custom User Title

8. Jonathan Freeman

Jonathan Freeman Active Member

9. Nemo

Nemo Man of Myth and Legend

Not just a meme. An entire news story. Truly the world turned upside down.

Nemo

https://newsbusters.org/blogs/cultu...x-woman-becomes-rupaul-drag-queen-dress-woman

10. dhaller

dhaller Active Member

I don't know about "the world turned upside down". It has no impact on my world.

I'm pretty liberal, but I don't think I've ever actually met a transgendered person (or if I have, they were very convincing!). I've seen them depicted in media, I guess? But my particular boat hasn't been rocked by their existence.

That said, the story mentioned is pretty circuitous, but is it really any more circuitous that, say, someone who joined military service so they could afford to go to medical school?

I knew a guy back in the 80s who put himself through law school selling coke (the white kind) at the Limelight night club in Atlanta... committing a crime to practice law? He's a successful attorney (and Rotarian) these days.

But it's pretty funny, admittedly, like "that's a lot of trouble to be a drag queen!"

DH

11. moe mensale

moe mensale Well-Known Member

Harhib likes this.
  12. Bkite

Bkite PawPaw x 3

13. Wegahe

Wegahe NRA Instructor

that should be 80M LEGAL VOTES...

Bkite likes this.