Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Seasteading Aficionado
Joined
·
44,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If this gets out of hand, especially in the East part where the oil is, no telling what will happen to gas prices.

Whats amazing is that the citizens are actually getting out an protesting even though its completely illegal, and we all know how heavy handed their government can be. These people are out there despite all that. They are literally risking their lives to go out and do this, just like many of the Middle East Countries. This one is specifically strategic to us because of oil.

To think that Egypt basically started all of this.

Saudi Arabia 'Day of Rage' begins quietly, markets watch protests closely

Saudi Arabia's 'Day of Rage' did not seem to have brought many protesters into the streets, and reports of violence were sporadic. As Michael Birnbaum reported:

The "Day of Rage" planned by critics of the Saudi Arabian government may have turned into a day of rest on Friday, with quiet streets in the eastern city of Qatif one day after police fired on protesters there, and peaceful demonstrations outside the town.

Witnesses reported a heavy police presence in Riyadh, the country's capital, but no protests. One witness said hundreds marched in Al-Ahsa, in the southern part of the country's largely Shiite Eastern Province, and several protesters were arrested, but that there was no violence. Another witness said that marches took place in two towns outside Qatif in the late afternoon without incident.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/co ... 03685.html
 

·
انا باتمان
Joined
·
11,745 Posts
Obama came out and pulled the rug out from Mubarak, and has basically told Qadhafi he needs to go. On Saudi Arabia, he will keep his mouth shut as they brutally put down the protests. Not one word. We have no interest in democracy in this country. It is a brutal, oppressive government, but we won't say a word in support of democracy there.

Hope and Change!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,597 Posts
The Ugly Truth is we have interest in Saudi Arabia not changing. If that government gets unstable gas will be $20 a gallon.
 

·
Seasteading Aficionado
Joined
·
44,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If we did see higher gas prices such as 10 or 15 dollars a gallon, it will certainly kill our economy or any hope of a recovery, but that's all our fault. We should have been off foreign oil decades ago.
 

·
انا باتمان
Joined
·
11,745 Posts
I think you'd see our military coming to the aid of the Saudi government before it out of hand.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,447 Posts
maybe this will be the straw in the camels back that pushes everyone to scream DRILL DRILL DRILL. If Obama drops the ball on this he will surely be labeled a complete failure, not that he isn't by most anyways. But maybe just maybe with gas booming out of control it would make everything that has been done in vein and possibly tie some peoples hands to finally say, we cant handle this again. I'll keep my fingers crossed, but sadly I dont see any change coming...
 

·
Seasteading Aficionado
Joined
·
44,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
bdee said:
I think you'd see our military coming to the aid of the Saudi government before it out of hand.
You've got it, bdee. In fact, you know they would.
 

·
انا باتمان
Joined
·
11,745 Posts
1. Obama won't expand drilling.
2. Obama will beat any of the Republican candidates on offer at this point.
3. $5 gas won't change that.

If gas goes above that, the recovery will stall. But as I see it, if unemployment is below 9% Obama wins, above 10% he loses, somewhere in between it will be a dog fight. That said, gas going above $5 a gallon may push unemployment up as inflation rises and the recovery stalls.
 

·
انا باتمان
Joined
·
11,745 Posts
EJR914 said:
bdee said:
I think you'd see our military coming to the aid of the Saudi government before it out of hand.
You've got it, bdee. In fact, you know they would.
But we have to know there will be a big increase in terrorism is we are seen materially supporting the government in suppressing its people. [sarcasm]It would be a great reason to get more involved in the region [/sarcasm]
 

·
Yukon Cornelius
Joined
·
11,838 Posts
bdee said:
1. Obama won't expand drilling.
2. Obama will beat any of the Republican candidates on offer at this point.
3. $5 gas won't change that.

If gas goes above that, the recovery will stall. But as I see it, if unemployment is below 9% Obama wins, above 10% he loses, somewhere in between it will be a dog fight. That said, gas going above $5 a gallon may push unemployment up as inflation rises and the recovery stalls.
its already way over 10% unemployment....they dont count the people who arent getting benefits etc...i was unemployed for the last 3 years i wasnt counted in that number im sure.....
 

·
Seasteading Aficionado
Joined
·
44,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
bdee said:
EJR914 said:
bdee said:
I think you'd see our military coming to the aid of the Saudi government before it out of hand.
You've got it, bdee. In fact, you know they would.
But we have to know there will be a big increase in terrorism is we are seen materially supporting the government in suppressing its people. [sarcasm]It would be a great reason to get more involved in the region [/sarcasm]
:lol: Interventionalism is the name of the game for the past few decades. Its only going to get worse.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
194 Posts
I'm still waiting for the first confirmed report of zombies. We're almost there, folks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,894 Posts
25SockMonkey said:
I'm still waiting for the first confirmed report of zombies. We're almost there, folks.
I hope everyone has a plan and a good team.... I know I'll be gettin the heck away from Atlanta! :lol:
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top