Sarah Palin sues fish wrap company

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by Verbal101, Jun 28, 2017.

1. Verbal101

Verbal101 Active Member

Another costly fake news retraction, this one by the New York Times. Sarah Palin is suing for defamation.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/06/28/sarah-palin-sues-ny-times-over-editorial-tying-her-to-giffords-shooting.html

2. RedDawnTheMusical

RedDawnTheMusical Well-Known Member

I think that she has a case. She's a celebrity, so the bar is higher as there is more proof required of her to show that they their actions were done with malice. However, the Times clearly new the information was false, as they themselves had previously reported. Plus, she's got the legal team that took down Gawker with a $135M judgement for Hulk Hogan. I'd love to see her take down the Times...

3. UtiPossidetis

UtiPossidetis American

The NYT didn't apologize to her specifically, despite specifically impuning her directly. They also failed on several other points, according to several legal analyses that I have read, to meet the criteria for a valid retraction, correction, and specific apology. The conclusion, wishful thinking or not, is they are screwed.

4. Nemo

Nemo Man of Myth and Legend

Hate to see the Grey Lady go away. Maybe she could be bankrupted and the bunch here take over owning, writing and all that? Think of the difference we could make in the general thought process of the world based on truly fair and accurate news reporting.

Nemo

5. NTA

NTA Well-Known Member

Heard she was suing for $75,000. That'l teach 'em.

6. Nemo

That'll probably bankrupt them too.

Nemo

7. moe mensale

moe mensale Well-Known Member

Not quite. Palin is going for the jugular. The actual suit is at this link.

http://dailycaller.com/2017/06/27/sarah-palin-suing-new-york-times-for-defamation/

8. moe mensale

moe mensale Well-Known Member

Lipstick on a pig...................

9. Nemo

Only if I get to be Editor in Chief.

Nemo