Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Another costly fake news retraction, this one by the New York Times. Sarah Palin is suing for defamation.

The editorial, attributed to The Times' editorial board and titled "America's Lethal Politics," initially linked Palin's rhetoric to the shooting that killed six people and wounded 13 others, including then-Rep. Gabrielle Giffords.

The paper posted a correction the next day admitting that "no such link was established."
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/06/28/sarah-palin-sues-ny-times-over-editorial-tying-her-to-giffords-shooting.html

·
Registered
10,809 Posts
I think that she has a case. She's a celebrity, so the bar is higher as there is more proof required of her to show that they their actions were done with malice. However, the Times clearly new the information was false, as they themselves had previously reported. Plus, she's got the legal team that took down Gawker with a $135M judgement for Hulk Hogan. I'd love to see her take down the Times...

·
American
3,289 Posts
Another costly fake news retraction, this one by the New York Times. Sarah Palin is suing for defamation.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/06/28/sarah-palin-sues-ny-times-over-editorial-tying-her-to-giffords-shooting.html
The NYT didn't apologize to her specifically, despite specifically impuning her directly. They also failed on several other points, according to several legal analyses that I have read, to meet the criteria for a valid retraction, correction, and specific apology. The conclusion, wishful thinking or not, is they are screwed.

·
Man of Myth and Legend
15,176 Posts
Hate to see the Grey Lady go away. Maybe she could be bankrupted and the bunch here take over owning, writing and all that? Think of the difference we could make in the general thought process of the world based on truly fair and accurate news reporting.

Nemo

·
Man of Myth and Legend
15,176 Posts
That'll probably bankrupt them too.

Nemo

·
Registered
14,956 Posts

·
Registered
14,956 Posts
Hate to see the Grey Lady go away. Maybe she could be bankrupted and the bunch here take over owning, writing and all that? Think of the difference we could make in the general thought process of the world based on truly fair and accurate news reporting.

Nemo
Lipstick on a pig...................

·
Man of Myth and Legend
15,176 Posts
Only if I get to be Editor in Chief.

Nemo

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.