Sarah Brady needs our help... to fight the Parker decision

Discussion in 'National Laws, Bills and Politics' started by Macktee, Mar 29, 2007.

1. Macktee

Macktee New Member

She's aghast. Really! Her panties are in a wad and she's aghast! My poor old heart is pumping purple pi$$ in sympathy.....!

Ya gotta luv some of her just ever-so-slightly overblown verbage... "right-wing activist judges"... "heinous ruling"... "twisted view of the 2nd Amendment"... "drumbeat of criticism"... yadda, yadda, yadda... The only thing she left out is "protect the children"! Unless I missed that while trying not to choke on my Coke as I read it.

Brady Gun Law Defense Fund [image]

I'm simply aghast!

In a 2-1 decision in Parker v. District of Columbia, right-wing activist judges on a Federal Appeals Court recently overturned Washington D.C.'s long-standing restrictions on handguns based on their twisted view of the 2nd Amendment to the U.S. Constitution while ignoring more than 60 years of precedent — a decision that endangers America's gun laws coast-to-coast.

This case could land before the U.S. Supreme Court within the next 6 months and each month brings a tidal wave of work to fight this terrible decision. Simply put: we need your support today!

Please click here to make a commitment of $5 or more per month for the next 6 months. This affordable amount will automatically be charged to your credit card each month — unless you decide to extend, change or cancel your monthly commitment.

Your monthly gift will be a steady source of income that will help us:

* Convene well-recognized experts in constitutional law and history to develop the most powerful arguments against the Parker ruling;
    * Assemble a comprehensive library of books, treatises, articles, court decisions and legal briefs refuting the "individual rights" view of the Second Amendment and make this library available to lawyers nationwide and on the Internet; and
    * Launch a major public education campaign including full-page ads in major newspapers and a new Brady Gun Law Defense Fund website. We'll also organize lawyers and law professors to write newspaper op-eds and letters to the editor to create a constant drumbeat of criticism of this decision.

This battle — to its very core — is the most important battle we have ever waged. We need your help today — your monthly support — to build a strong Brady Gun Law Defense Fund to save America's gun laws.

This fight is so critical to the safety and sanity of our nation
    that an anonymous donor has extended his challenge and
    will match dollar for dollar all monthly gifts
    to our Brady Gun Law Defense Fund.

So your $5 monthly gift is worth $10, your $25 monthly gift is worth $50!

We must prepare for the fight of our lives. Everything we have worked for in the past and everything we’re currently working on could be destroyed by the heinous ruling of right-wing activist judges who choose to ignore more than 60 years of precedent in order to help the gun lobby accomplish in the courts what they’ve been unable to accomplish in Congress.

Please respond today. Thank you.

Sincerely,
    Sarah's Signature (100x43)
    Sarah Brady, Chair
    Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence

2. mzmtg

mzmtg Active Member

Anyone else notice how the pro-RKBA email alerts all encourage people to contact their reps and get involved while the anti- crowd just begs for more money?

Seems to put everything perspective for me.

3. geaux_tigers

geaux_tigers Member

Maybe we should look at her comments very carefully. There could be some wisdom there. After all, she is the foremost expert on twisted views of the 2nd Amendment.

I wish someone would tell her that if her group is really interested in preventing the people of our nation from owning firearms she doesn't need to find experts in constitutional law to develop powerful arguments. The Constitution is very clear about the course of action she must take: have Congress pass an amendment to the Constitution and get all the States to ratify. Let's see her give that a shot ... oops ... a whirl I mean.

4. Wiley

Wiley New Member

You going around checking Sarah's panties, again? :shock:

I thought that everytime Sarah inhaled her panties got sucked into her head.

5. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

AHHHHHHH!

That is a whole lot of bold text. My eyes hurt.

Oh..and I'd love to help Mrs. Brady....but I left my bat at my parents house. :twisted:

6. Macktee

Macktee New Member

Well Wiley my man, much as I enjoy checking panties, I think I'll take a pass on her's... As the young folks would say, Ewwww!

Speaking of young folks...

As for you Ramm, not all of us have young eyes and can put tight groups in the head portion of the target. Big print makes it easier on us old farts. Young whippersnapper punk!

Oh, almost forgot. You did me a favor recently. OK, I take it back.

Some of it anyway...

7. S&W 40

S&W 40 Active Member

I really feel bad for that cause.. or do I need to pause for the cause....I can not remeber, they make my head hurt.. reading all of this makes me :puke: :censored: :bsflag:

8. gunsbillygun

gunsbillygun New Member

How about send Gunsbillygun money to help us buy more of those God awfull guns and get them off the street, I will put my on self at risk, watching those evel things in my own home, I need your help and your MONEY, the more guns i can buy , the safer we will all be, if you act right now and send in your contribution of what ever $ 5, $10 ,$1000 dollers you can sleep better at knight knowing the whole world is that much safer,
    JUST THINK OF THE CHILDREN, act now and ill post a picture of the guns so you know its not going to hurt anyone wile it is locked away in my house, i will personly tourtur all of these hiddous wepons of distruction by inflecting massive amounts of heat and presure to them often (live fire exersise) and them covering them in fossiel fuel wast (gun oil) be apart of the right thing right wing movement, thank you all ,and God bless :twisted:

9. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

Yes, I have. In fact I noticed something a little more telling than that. Other than the anti-gun American Hunters and Shooters Association, which other anti-gun organization can you become an actual dues paying member of?

Almost none. Brady sure doesn't. Check it out.
    http://www.georgiapacking.org/links_antigun.php

While looking for membership apps, notice how many instead have only a donate button.

:!: You will experience less discomfort if you limit yourself to only looking for membership and donation pages. If you start reading the information at these locations, I cannot be responsible for any nausea/high blood pressure that will result.

:!: Women that are pregnant, small children, and people with a heart condition should not take part in this exercise.

10. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Re: Sarah Brady needs our help... to fight the Parker decisi

:rotfl:

Who writes this stuff?

We write about liberty and responsibility. These people write about how the whole nation is going to go insane if American's Second Amendment rights are recognized even if just in the home?

11. S&W 40

S&W 40 Active Member

GS1, thanks for reminding us about that. I am confused when you say small children, are you refuring to the young short 3-4 yrs and under, the 1-19 yrs, the 14-19 yrs gang bangers :?: Or am I just looking into your post to much :? Of course I am...

12. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Re: Sarah Brady needs our help... to fight the Parker decisi

Twisted view?

A hypothetical:

A well educated electorate being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to own and read books shall not be infringed.

A case is brought against a law declaring that nobody but politicians can have books, and then only in limited circumstances, although homeonwers can have books in the home so long as they are not in readable condition or are kept locked away in a trunk and unread. Such homeowners must go to the local police and provide a complete bibliography in such cases, and submit to a background check to make sure that they have not misused their books by learning something that allows them to criticize government.

The plaintiffs in the case want to be able to have books in their home in readable condition, and be able to actually read them, but not out loud or to anybody else, and they are not asking for the right to read, even quietly, out in public.

What is the "twisted view?" The result:

The court declares that the Founders intended for "people" to be able to read books so as to be able to constitute a "well educated electorate," but that the right is not confined to those actually consituting the electorate, being registered to vote, or even having ever voted, since that is the purpose of the clause and not the right protected, and that "people" means people, not just registered voters. The court also declares that the rather obvious fact that the electorate is no longer "well educated" does not mean that the right to own and read books has become obsolete in the twenty first century.

The court declines to address the reading of books outside the home, in public, or in automobiles, but opines that books might be banned from certain places like churches (where nobody should need to read one and it is obvious no serious study occurs in any event-rather, people just listen to what their "leaders" tell them), and the court opines that the government might properly regulate concealed books in public.

How do you think Sarah Brady would come down on that one?

13. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

Will somebody please think of the senor citizens! More senors die each year than any other age group.

14. GeorgiaGlocker

GeorgiaGlocker Romans 1:16

I think the medical term is PMS. :-k