Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm soooo glad I no longer live in Commiefornia...

The story from http://cbs5.com/local/local_story_136215501.html

San Francisco Proposes New Gun Control Measures

Simon Perez
Reporting

(CBS 5) SAN FRANCISCO San Francisco Mayor Gavin Newsom hailed new proposed city gun legislation, and he did it Wednesday from the neighborhood most plagued by gun violence.

“Enough is enough,†said Newsom in the city’s Bayview district. “We need common sense gun control.â€

The announcement came nearly one year after a judge struck down a law banning handgun possession in the city.

One part of the measure outlaws the possession or sale of guns on any city-owned property, expanding the current ban from buildings like City Hall and schools to include outdoor locations like city parks.

Mayor Newsom said he also hopes to extend the ban to public housing complexes, but federal laws may make that complicated.

The proposed legislation would also require people who commit crimes with guns to sign up with the police department, then probation officers could keep better tabs on them.

Another aspect would require all gun owners to store their guns disabled with a trigger lock or placed in a locked-box. Authorities said lock boxes would help to keep legal guns from being stolen and then later used illegally.

"It is fair to say that a majority of gun crime is committed with illegal guns," District Attorney Kamala Harris said. “It’s a reality that a lot of weapons and guns that we find in connection with a homicide are stolen."

The idea, she contends, is to remind legal gun owners how to behave.

"Just because you legally possess a gun in the sanctity of your locked home doesn't mean that we're not going to walk into that home and check to see if you're being responsible and safe in the way that you conduct your affairs," Harris said.

San Francisco's only gun shop is also a target of the proposed legislation, which would require it and any future gun shops in the city to send police officials a gun sales list every six months.

Even though criminals already don't follow the law, city leaders believe any gun crackdown makes the city safer.

“It’s just time and it’s the right thing to do,†said Harris, citing existing laws in Alameda and Los Angeles counties that are similar to the proposed ones for San Francisco.
And a quote from 45superman at http://armedandsafe.blogspot.com/

For the sake of argument, let's set the Second Amendment aside--this is San Francisco, after all, which seems to have some kind of immunity from that particular Constitutionally guaranteed fundamental human right. Still, I figured the Fourth Amendment still had some relevance, even there--Ms. Harris apparently disagrees.

I think it's (past) time for gun owners to remind her how to behave. A good reminder might be showing her what happens to a home invader who "walk into" a gun owner's locked home.

This demonstration will not involve a locked-up gun.

:D

·
68,680 Posts
cbs5 said:
. . . said Newsom in the city’s Bayview district. “We need common sense gun control.â€
What are you complaining about? All he is asking for is "common sense gun control."

·
Atlanta Overwatch
13,832 Posts
Another aspect would require all gun owners to store their guns disabled with a trigger lock or placed in a locked-box. Authorities said lock boxes would help to keep legal guns from being stolen and then later used illegally.
They'll just steal the entire box. Then break it open later.

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
Common sense gun control is two hands not laws.

MP I tought you have posted before that the trouble with common sense is that it is not that common anymore.

·
Banned
6,624 Posts
Even though criminals already don't follow the law, city leaders believe any gun crackdown makes the city safer.
People believed the world was flat, too. :roll:

You know, they should ban all guns and weapons in SF. When the SHTF after the ban then we can all point to them and say, "SEE? Do you f^@$ing SEE what happens when you ban firearms?!"

:evil:

·
Registered
310 Posts
AV8R said:
People believed the world was flat, too. :roll:

You know, they should ban all guns and weapons in SF. When the SHTF after the ban then we can all point to them and say, "SEE? Do you f^@$ing SEE what happens when you ban firearms?!"

:evil:
They did ban all firearms for years, finally turned it over last year in court...Not sure of any new stats since that law got turned over though...It's just the left coast anti's trying to hang onto more control by their teeth...

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
"Just because you legally possess a gun in the sanctity of your locked home doesn't mean that we're not going to walk into that home and check to see if you're being responsible and safe in the way that you conduct your affairs," Harris said.
The crowd of supporters immediately broke into cheer of "SIEG HEIL HERR HARRIS"

I damn well bet the person that does it at my home won't do it to anyone elses. :shoot:

·
Registered
780 Posts
Tinkerhell said:

I damn well bet the person that does it at my home won't do it to anyone elses. :shoot:
Oh, my Brotha! Testify!!

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
it'll be interesting....

to see what happens when San Francisco has another cataclysmic earthquake a la 1906. New Orleans style chaos/looting/crime on the west coast anyone? That reality check is gonna hurt.

I still remember riding through LA after the riots. For blocks on end it looked like a damn war zone, nothing but burned out rubble. Then all of a sudden you'd see a little grocery store intact. The owners had been up on the roof with Rifles and Shotguns during the riots.

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
Those people live in their own little world, completely outta touch with reality.

I loved this, "... city leaders believe any gun crackdown makes the city safer. ..."

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
you would think that abankrupt city in a bankrupt state would have better things to spend the taxpayers money on than defending law suits from the NRA and the 2ND AM. foundation over unconstitutional city ordinances :screwy:

·
Seasteading Aficionado
44,896 Posts
Foul said:
Tinkerhell said:

Oh, my Brotha! Testify!!
:rotfl2: GO'N 'N TESTIFY!

·
Seasteading Aficionado
44,896 Posts
If San Fran slide off into the Pacific, I don't believe I'd shed a tear... I would say all of Kalifornia, but I hear there are some pockets of good farmers and good ole' conservative people that are stuck out there behind enemy lines.... Stay strong behind enemy lines, my brothers!

·
Ordinary Average Guy
2,934 Posts
jgullock said:
San Francisco's only gun shop
For as big a city as SF is, this right here just floors me. :shock: :screwy:

But then again, we're talking about the PRC here... :roll: :shakehead:

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
EJR914 said:
If San Fran slide off into the Pacific, I don't believe I'd shed a tear... I would say all of Kalifornia, but I hear there are some pockets of good farmers and good ole' conservative people that are stuck out there behind enemy lines.... Stay strong behind enemy lines, my brothers!
Yeah, if just the counties touching the Pacific slid off, all the conservatives would be beachfront and I'd go snap up some property :righton:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts