Georgiapacking.org banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Rammstein said:
Tinkerhell said:
Just lunchtime Rush on the radio. Very tough for me to reach online news sources via work. :cry:
Is that so because you don't have the time, or because the IT department has gone a little extreme?

If it's the latter...I can help. 8)
Nooo. I have LOTS of time here at my job. But the guys that control our web access have a tasty little blocker set up for a vast number of sites. I can get to a fair bit of info by looking at cached pages on Google or Yahoo, but direct linking to many sites doesn't happen. :x

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
luke0927 said:
no say this was here in GA and you were at the mall and this happend and you saw this going and you pulled out your gun and killed him......say that he never pointed it at you but you shot him from the side or even the back.....would you have to give him the opertunity to put his weapon down? what do you think would happen to the person that kills him?
From our own lovely site:

Defense from a forcible felony; A person is justified in using force which may harm or kill only if he or she reasonably believes that such force is necessary to prevent death or great bodily injury to himself or herself or a third person or to prevent the commission of a forcible felony.
http://www.georgiapacking.org/law.php

I would definatley say that if you saw a guy boldly walking through the mall randomly popping off rounds & dropping people that you would be reasonably secure in knowing you could put a round in the back of his head and know you wouldn't go to jail for very long for it (like maybe overnight; only till things got understood by the responding LEOs). Just be sure you hit the right target!!

·
Registered
754 Posts
i can just hear it now some liberal you murderd him since you did not give him a chance to surrender.........and the judge slams the gavel with life.....its a shame that could possible be the outcome......

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
Part of the responsibilty that you take on when you carry. You have no obligation to protect anyone else, if you do though, great care must be taken. Personally I would rather go to jail, than live the rest of my life knowning that I could have saved some innocent people who are unable to protect themselves.

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
Could this woman possibly be any more uninformed and just plain stupid? And, she was elected to office!!! Congresswoman from NY (of course!) She doesn't know what type gun this particular nut job used. "Dumb" doesn't even come close to describing her...

http://carolynmccarthy.house.gov/index. ... ItemID=675

Statement from Rep. Carolyn McCarthy on the Shootings in PA and UT
Tuesday February 13, 2007

Yesterday we learned of more unnecessary deaths from gun violence in Philadelphia, PA and Salt Lake City, UT. I am saddened to hear of these events and have introduced legislation that if enacted will prevent further violence.

In Philadelphia, a gunman opened fire on his colleagues using an AK-47 assault rifle he legally purchased. These dangerous weapons, which are intended to hit multiple targets in a short period of time, were allowed back on our streets when the federal ban on assault weapons expired in 2004. The deaths in Philadelphia could have been prevented if Congress had done its job of protecting the homeland and renewed the assault weapons ban.

I have again introduced legislation to permanently ban assault weapons. These weapons have no practical use. They are not used by hunters for sport or by individuals for self-defense. They are intended to kill as many individuals as possible in a short amount of time and have no place on our streets. The unfortunate situation in Philadelphia could have been avoided if Congress stood up to the gun lobby in 2004.

In Salt Lake City, a young man opened fire in a crowded mall, killing more than 10 individuals. It appears the shooter was not mentally stable and police are still investigating how he obtained the weapons.

It is vital that the background check records are current and comprehensive. I have introduced HR 297, the NICS Improvement Act that would strengthen the National Instant Criminal Background Check System. These records let gun dealers know when an individual should not be allowed to purchase a firearm. Improving the quality of these records will keep guns out of the wrong hands and make our country safer.

I am deeply saddened by yesterday’s events. I remain committed to passing common sense legislation to prevent further acts of gun violence.

·
68,080 Posts
:puke:

She mentioned "homeland security" but did not mention that he was Muslim. What happened to gun grabbing policiticians talking about Muslim terrorists getting guns in America? Should have been a prime spot for it in her press release . . .

·
Registered
5,798 Posts
Tinkerhell said:
Rammstein said:
Tinkerhell said:
Just lunchtime Rush on the radio. Very tough for me to reach online news sources via work. :cry:
Is that so because you don't have the time, or because the IT department has gone a little extreme?

If it's the latter...I can help. 8)
Nooo. I have LOTS of time here at my job. But the guys that control our web access have a tasty little blocker set up for a vast number of sites. I can get to a fair bit of info by looking at cached pages on Google or Yahoo, but direct linking to many sites doesn't happen. :x
I'll be sending you a PM shortly about how to circumvent their censorship. I hate censorship in all its forms, so I am compelled to help people defeat it.

·
Registered
5,798 Posts
luke0927 said:
no say this was here in GA and you were at the mall and this happend and you saw this going and you pulled out your gun and killed him......say that he never pointed it at you but you shot him from the side or even the back.....would you have to give him the opertunity to put his weapon down? what do you think would happen to the person that kills him?
Drop him where he stands. Regardless of use of force laws. Regardless of prohibitions on places to carry. Drop him where he stands.

If my actions result in even one life saved, but that means I have to go to jail, then so be it. For I know I did the morally correct thing to do.

If I have the means to stop or prevent it, I will not allow bad people to do bad things to others.

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
Well, the good news is...

Yahoo! News
DA: Officers justified in killing gunman

By PAUL FOY, Associated Press Writer 10 minutes ago

Police officers acted properly in gunning down a Bosnian teenager who shot five people to death in a mall crowded with shoppers, a prosecutor said Friday.

"They were legally justified in using deadly force," District Attorney Lohra Miller said.

Miller cleared four Salt Lake City officers who shot at the gunman: Sgts. Andy Oblad and Josh Scharman and detectives Dustin Marshall and Brett Olsen.

Ogden Officer Ken Hammond, who was off-duty and out of uniform but armed, was the first to trade shots with Sulejman Talovic, 18, at the Trolley Square mall Monday, investigators have said.

Miller found no fault with Hammond, but his role was being reviewed by Weber County authorities because he does not work in Salt Lake County.

Salt Lake Police Chief Chris Burbank said his officers were expected to return to work within weeks.

The Legislature and Gov. Jon Huntsman planned to honor all five officers Friday.

Miller said Hammond and Oblad were the first to into gunman's line of fire, trapping Talovic inside a Pottery Barn Kids shop, where he was cut down by bullets from all five officers.

Police ended the rampage seven minutes after Talovic killed the first victim outside a mall entrance, Miller said.

Investigators have not determined a motive.

Several thousand people from the Balkans have settled in the Salt Lake City area, many of them after fleeing ethnic violence in their homeland. Talovic and his family came to Utah in 1998.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Funny how when a ONLY white Americans are secluded out and killed it is not a hate crime....i have heard very little talk of how this was a less populated mall and not as "diverse" as one of the major mall that was actually a lot closer to shooter (that you would think if he was just wanting to kill as many pople as possible he would have visited?)...he went there to kill as many white Americans as he could. could you just imagine if this was some a caucasian male who killed this many Muslim people....it would be front page on everything.......i was listening to Michael Savage last night and he was taking a lot of calls form listener in SLC UT, they all said the same thing it was a killing to target white Americans.......i honestly can say i am afraid to think of how F'd up this country will be 5-10-20 years from now.....i just hang my head and shake it as i think of what is happening to this country.

·
Registered
5,798 Posts
Seven minutes from the first shot to his death....

Bravo SLC officers.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
OK, I was watching the news and I heard some more.

Apparently the guy was yelling "Allahu Akbar" (sp?) as he faced his final showdown with the cops. This was reported by a witness as the perp met his maker or 72 virgins or whomever. No source and I can't find one, so take it for what it's worth, I guess.

This was foxnews this Tuesday evening. It was John Gibson. Read his talking points.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,253201,00.html

Talovic was from Bosnia. He was a Muslim. He attended a mosque in Salt Lake and he was reported to have been shouting "Allah Akbar" at the end of the shootout when he was cornered, at least according to some witnesses.

So why do we get all prissy about the fact that he was a Muslim? Do we think that European Muslims don't do terrorism? That his Muslim religion was just another fact in all the other facts about him?

We probably certainly wish that were true, but we don't know because nobody looks into it much. Sure, maybe some of the reason is Anna Nicole, but I sense a chill in the air coming from the Council on American-Islamic Relations and others who think it would be racist and bigoted of us to notice he was a Muslim and wonder if maybe his religion was a motivating factor in his act of terror.

The New York Times dropped a hint when it mentioned Islamic burial rites. Hmmm, the savvy reader might have said to him or herself, I just wonder what the mosque had to do with this deadly outburst?

But never mind I said it. I don't want to get in trouble. I know it's wrong to ask if his faith had anything to do with his killing spree. Forget I mentioned it.

That's My Word.

Well, that's his word. I really don't have a word on it. I just think that they are here and they aren't going anywhere anytime soon. I'm just glad I live in a state where I can protect myself... even though 'where' i can protect myself is a matter of contention. This isnt' the time to disarm the law-abiding populace, but of course they are trying to anyways :(

·
68,080 Posts
I need to buy a newspaper.

Typical AJC headline, "Teenager Acquires Assault Gun in State With Lax Laws and Goes on Rampage, x number Dead"

Mine, "Muslim Terrorist Strikes at Salt Lake Mall, Winesses Hear Shouts of Allahu Akbar While He Shoots"

Then an introductory paragraph about the last Muslim mass murder, in Seattle.

·
Registered
787 Posts
The shooter didn't shout allah akbar. It was the offduty officer yelling, "OCPD" "Come On Up". Here is a link to the video with the sound.

http://mypetjawa.mu.nu/archives/186558.php

Basically, the cops show up and see a man with gun. The off duty cop is worried they'll shoot him in mistake. He's trying to identify himself and tell the cops to get up onto the firing line.

The impressive response by SLC was no doubt a result of their training and preparedness due to the Olympics. 3 mins to arrive onsite, and 3 more to end the threat must have set an alltime record. Very different than Columbine, where Law Enforcement stayed outside while the defenseless students and teachers were being murdered. For some perspective, Atlanta's 911 response time is 9 to 15 minutes.

By the way, the mall was a gun free zone:

This was from the Gun Owners of New Hampsire website http://www.gonh.org/ The photo was taken by W. Clark Aposhian.

The law should prohibit business from banning guns if they can't protect their employees and customers.

·
68,080 Posts
Mike from Philly said:
The shooter didn't shout allah akbar. It was the offduty officer yelling, "OCPD" "Come On Up". Here is a link to the video with the sound.

http://mypetjawa.mu.nu/archives/186558.php
Mike, I would hesitate to make any emphatic declaration based upon that one video if, in fact, witnesses are claiming that he did shout such a thing (and at this point I have not seen a witness interview saying that). The video does not show the little muslim shouting anything at all, nor do we even know the distance of the camera from the muslim. We definitely hear police shouting, but that is to be expected.

·
68,080 Posts
Macktee said:
Ogden Officer Ken Hammond, who was off-duty and out of uniform but armed, was the first to trade shots with Sulejman Talovic, 18, at the Trolley Square mall Monday, investigators have said.

Miller found no fault with Hammond, but his role was being reviewed by Weber County authorities because he does not work in Salt Lake County.
. . .
Miller said Hammond and Oblad were the first to into gunman's line of fire, trapping Talovic inside a Pottery Barn Kids shop, where he was cut down by bullets from all five officers.
:cry:

http://waronguns.blogspot.com/2008/12/w ... nough.html

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Re:

luke0927 said:
If he was walking around in 'said' situation and had already shot people or threatened to do so, you have absolutely every right to destroy him with whatever means necessary. Being behind him/beside him really has no bearing at that point as you are trying to prevent the loss of life or immediate danger of others.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts