Sales Up A Bit

Discussion in 'Firearm Related' started by Nemo, Sep 24, 2020.

1. Nemo

Nemo Man of Myth and Legend

for firearms in the last few months. I am sure first time buyers got an education on the purchase process.

What effect on the election?

Nemo

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/gun-sales-swing-states-presidential-election

2. Nemo

3. dhaller

dhaller Active Member

I don't think it will have much of an impact. I know at least on the "high-income educated liberal" side of the equation (pretty much people I'm around on a daily basis) there's no focus whatsoever on "gun control".

If anything, I think the conversation about reducing gun violence/mass shootings/etc. has switched from "gun control" to "solving underlying economic and social problems" (like improving access to mental health care.) Again, with the caveat that this is among the people who write the checks to the various liberal PACS and causes ("Druid Hills folks", let's call them.)

As for increased gun purchases, I think there's an increasing sense of not wanting to bring a knife to a gun fight.

I've bought a couple this year (A Sig P365 for appendix carry, a Walther PPQ "just because") and I'm waitlisted for a Daniel Defense DDM4 PDW when it restocks.

I'm thinking about my daughter's first rifle as well (she's 8, and while I was shooting much earlier than that, she's much more of a "wild child" than I was, so I may wait a year or two... if she's a little older maybe a Ruger 10-22 Youth.)

So that's potentially four guns. Maybe a 5th if I buy a new shotgun.

DH

45_Fan and Jonathan Freeman like this.
  4. Nemo

Isn't that what the NRA, 2AF, GOA and a bunch more have been arguing for years?

How many did you purchase in the same time frame last year?

Nemo

45_Fan likes this.
  5. dhaller

dhaller Active Member

I must have missed the part where those organizations suddenly became big advocates for solving income inequality and advocating public healthcare, including extending it to mental health, and destroying the stigma of mental health. ;)

I bought a Sig P226 last year, just to fill a hole - it's one of my favorite pistols, and one of my most accurate to shoot with, but somehow I never got around to getting one. So just the one.

This year I decided to change from kidney to appendix carry, which sent me in search of a smaller gun (decided on the P365 over the Glock 43 or the Walther PPS), and I just happened to encounter the Walther PPQ and fell in love with it. I think the PDW - if I buy it - is a reaction to "the times", in the sense that I've been involved in a few discussions in which AR-15 pistols and the like have come up (the DDM4 PDW is a perfect "backpack" gun).

Yes, this has been an unusually acquisitive year, but I've always been kind of a "batch" buyer.

DH

6. jrm

jrm Sledgehammer

That's pretty typical. Except for the rabid antis, which are relatively few, most people on that side don't like guns but have no interest in putting money or time into doing anything about it. That's why they have been very unsuccessful at lobbying.

7. Nemo

Yes you missed a crapton of the Pro Gun arguments then. The vast majority of the Anti-Gun Control organizations for many years have been advocating

by expanding crime control as well as
    If you missed that there is no hope for you in anything that needs understanding of basic life happenings.

Nemo