Saiga 12 gauge

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by kestak, Aug 27, 2007.

1. kestak

kestak New Member

Greetings,

I am looking at the SAIGA 12 gauge. and I have a few questions:

1 - Is there any way to have a high capacity magazine for it that is reliable?

2 - I did a little bit of research and I could nto find it. Is there a way to change the stock to have a SPAS-12 like folding stock on it?

3 - Anyone know of the reliability of this semi-auto shotgun? SAIGA is not bad overall I heard, but what about the shotgun?

Thank you

2. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

I have no experience with the shot guns. I would start here: http://www.forum.saiga-12.com I found good info there when I had my .223 Saiga.

Adam

3. mmmTang

mmmTang Member

I must be quick, but I'll try to answer.

1. AGP Arms 10rd magazines are reliable. Mine don't like winchester cheap loads, but shoot everything else just fine.

2. Absolutely. Check out ACE folding stocks for one example: http://riflestocks.com/index2.htm

3. It's an AK. Can't get much more reliable than that.

4. Hickory Flatlander

Hickory Flatlander New Member

And you can now get a 20rd drum for it!

5. kestak

kestak New Member

Greetings,

Maybe I am blind, but there is no stock looking like the SPAS-12 (Folding stock over the receiver and not on the side).

Anyone can point me on one?

Thank you

6. Hickory Flatlander

Hickory Flatlander New Member

Only ones for the Saiga that I am aware of are side folders. You could also use an AK underfolder but I would not recommend that.

7. mmmTang

mmmTang Member

Doh! Sorry, I forgot the SPAS-12 is a top folder. I haven't seen any top folding stocks for an AK, but any top folder for an AK you found would work. You could probably fab one from an ATI top folder and use an ACE internal or external receiver block. You'd have to fab a block to mount the folder to the receiver block, but it probably wouldn't be hard to do if you have access to some tools.