Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
M249 said:
Full Story

GARY, Ind. -- A teenager shot to death by an officer as he fled a burglary scene may have tried to pull up his sagging pants, causing the officer to mistake the movement for a reach for a weapon, according to newly filed court documents.
Randolph said that after Smith scaled an 8-foot fence and dropped to the ground, he turned toward the pursuing officer and again reached into his pants. Randolph fired again and struck Smith behind the left ear, killing him instantly.

That officer should teach marksmanship if he can shoot that good in a high pressure situation.

Douglas Hobson, an attorney for Vincent Smith Sr., said police training should better prepare officers to make split-second judgments to prevent shooting suspects who pose no threat.

How about the parents training their little boys not to break in houses and steal so they wouldn't get shot, As Ramm would say"what an asshat". Sorry.....
:woohoo:

·
Registered
5,215 Posts
tj2000 said:
Randolph said that after Smith scaled an 8-foot fence and dropped to the ground, he turned toward the pursuing officer and again reached into his pants. Randolph fired again and struck Smith behind the left ear, killing him instantly.
IF he was turned toward the officer, how the heck did hit hit hime BEHIND the left ear? :?

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
USMC - Retired said:
tj2000 said:
IF he was turned toward the officer, how the heck did hit hit hime BEHIND the left ear? :?
I wondered that myself. Through the ear, or his body was facing the LEO, but his head was turned?

Be careful about blaming parents. They may have done everything right, and he was just no good. For example, my folks "raised me right," and I was still an asshat.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Malum Prohibitum said:
Suppressing laugh :sick:
That was my thought. I'm not a big fan of the whole "wear your pants down to your knees" look. No one wants to see your fancy boxers. Seriously.

The sounds like the kid forced the cop to make a split second decision and, to the kids bad luck, the cop made a really good shot.

:down:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts