Sagging Pants May Have Contributed To Fatal Shooting

Discussion in 'In the News' started by M249, Jul 30, 2007.

1. M249

M249 New Member

Full Story

2. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

3. foshizzle

foshizzle New Member

He shouldn't have run from the cops. Mistake #1.

4. tj2000

tj2000 New Member

Randolph said that after Smith scaled an 8-foot fence and dropped to the ground, he turned toward the pursuing officer and again reached into his pants. Randolph fired again and struck Smith behind the left ear, killing him instantly.

That officer should teach marksmanship if he can shoot that good in a high pressure situation.

Douglas Hobson, an attorney for Vincent Smith Sr., said police training should better prepare officers to make split-second judgments to prevent shooting suspects who pose no threat.

How about the parents training their little boys not to break in houses and steal so they wouldn't get shot, As Ramm would say"what an asshat". Sorry.....
    :woohoo:

5. USMC - Retired

USMC - Retired New Member

IF he was turned toward the officer, how the heck did hit hit hime BEHIND the left ear? :?

6. M249

M249 New Member

I wondered that myself. Through the ear, or his body was facing the LEO, but his head was turned?

Be careful about blaming parents. They may have done everything right, and he was just no good. For example, my folks "raised me right," and I was still an asshat.

7. Tinkerhell

Tinkerhell Active Member

That was my thought. I'm not a big fan of the whole "wear your pants down to your knees" look. No one wants to see your fancy boxers. Seriously.

The sounds like the kid forced the cop to make a split second decision and, to the kids bad luck, the cop made a really good shot.

:down: