Safe?

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Malum Prohibitum, Sep 7, 2007.

1. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

http://www.northfulton.com/1editorialbo ... en.subpub=

September 04, 2007
    Burglary garners thieves arsenal of weapons

Forsyth County Sheriff's deputies report a home on Whittaker Lane in Gainesville was burglarized Aug. 26. Among the personal items taken were 12 guns in a safe worth around $3,000. According to the homeowner, he is still in possession of the only key to the safe, which held a variety of pistols, rifles and shotguns. Officers on scene noted a neighbor gave conflicting accounts about his whereabouts during the crimes. However, his house was searched without incident.

2. viper32cm

viper32cm New Member

Did the safe cost $3000 or did the guns cost $3000?

To me it sounds like one of those Stack-on gun lockers. It's not exactly what I would call a safe since the metal is so then. I have one, but I also move every year and live in an apartment (and I'm poor). I view those things more as deterrents, obviously these guys were motivated enough to get away with the goods.

3. GunNut

GunNut New Member

The type of safe is of much importance. The fact that it had a key leads me to believe it could have been one of the $99 walmart specials that could easily be removed with a hand truck.

4. Jmark

Jmark Active Member

Yea, sounds like a gun locker. Especially with the key comment.

5. JiG

JiG Awaiting censure

The only thing locks do is keep honest people honest.

6. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

I need a safe, but don't have the money for it.

But I REALLY don't like not having my AR locked up. =/

7. Mobster989

Mobster989 New Member

If you're going to buy a safe it needs to be a heavy, solid safe and it needs to be bolted through the floor. It's still not going to be 100% secure but it'll turn a 5 minute job into an hour long job.

8. GunNut

GunNut New Member

I'm sure there are plenty of people here with safes that could store it for you. :D

9. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

I need a safe, but I won't be here but for just over another year. I guess even a lighter weight locker would be better than nothing at this point.