Safe Room

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by kaizer, Jul 5, 2007.

1. kaizer

kaizer New Member

Hey yall,

I was reading a post on another site that dealt with everyone's opinion on what to do if they knew an intruder was in their home. Most advocated staying put, calling the cops and if the intruder came into view...well, you know.

It got me to thinking, I know I have seen a poster on another site that had a real deal safe room. Anybody have one of these, thought about building one of these. I guess I am just interested to see if anybody has one, and how they did it.

2. kaizer

kaizer New Member

I have seen those vault doors that the safe companies sell which are fairly high speed, fortunately I am not made of money and don't own a home large enough to install one without looking like a freak, but I would think if the wall was built properly that could work.

3. Macktee

Macktee New Member

I don't think it's something that would ever be used, like a bomb shelter, but... if I had the space and the cash, I'd probably install one.

However, having neither, I'll continue to put my trust in Messrs S&W...!

Maybe, some day, maybe even some day soon, I'll put that trust in Mr. Mossberg or Mr. Winchester or Mr. Remington or someone similar...

4. kaizer

kaizer New Member

I agree. My home is fairly small, if somebody got into the house I would pretty much be have to deal with them since my bedroom is on the main floor, plus, I am not planning on being invaded by a bunch ten people with class 3 weapons...maybe thats my first mistake.

5. zookeper

zookeper Active Member

my dad has one, about the size of a big walk-in closet, can take a f5 tornado which is why he has it, i guess it could keep out the bad guys too. tho it isn't near the high tech room seen in the movie.