Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,460 Posts
Malum Prohibitum said:
Well, it is about time. How long were they going to let this go on?

http://www.earthtimes.org/articles/show ... 5940.shtml

Hearing scheduled for Jan 31.
This is actually the second time they filed contempt charges. The first time Nagin suddenly found 1000+ firearms and agreed to give them back so the contempt charge dropped.

I guess they picked it back up.

·
69,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
And the reports of violating the order were coming out within a week of dropping the previous motion. What has taken so long to file this motion? They need to be more aggressive with these gun grabbers (and they are gun grabbers!).

·
Premium Member
8,460 Posts
Malum Prohibitum said:
And the reports of violating the order were coming out within a week of dropping the previous motion. What has taken so long to file this motion? They need to be more aggressive with these gun grabbers (and they are gun grabbers!).
Well they had deniability for a while since they were "attempting" to give them back. But I agree it should have happened before now.

·
69,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
$1,356. That ought to bankrupt New Orleans. :roll: Where is the order?

·
Registered
5,798 Posts
Malum Prohibitum said:
$1,356. That ought to bankrupt New Orleans. :roll: Where is the order?
I'd like to see something on the order of a $1 Million dollar a day fine for every day that they have illegally seized guns in their possession.

·
69,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks, GS1. Ok, just so you know, this was not a motion for contempt relating to the guns not being returned to their rightful owners. Rather, this is a discovery order. Defendants failed to respond to discovery in the case, so the judge ordered them to do so and pay the cost of plaintiff's counsel in seeking the order compelling discovery responses.

and he is cheaper than me . . .

1 - 17 of 17 Posts