Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Just a Man
6,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It appears that S&W has really jumped into the true Commander (4.25" bushinged barrel) 1911 Bobtail market. They have two new models on the website that have the Scandium Alloy frames and Bobtailed for better CC. I prefer a bushing on my 1911s and have come to hate the reverse bushings on many of the newer compact 1911s. These might compete well with the current production model leader, the Dan Wesson CBOB and VBOB and Guardians. It's nice to have choices.

http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/wcs/ ... rrorView_Y

http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/wcs/ ... rrorView_Y

·
Just a Man
6,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
dcannon1 said:
Damnit. I'm trying to save up for a motorcycle, but man, that thing might empty the fun fund before then. :-k
As far as I know they are not available right now, so you are in the clear for now. :lol:

·
Registered
206 Posts
Am I the only one that thinks the visible extractor is extremely tacky? Everyone talks about how beautiful the S&W 1911's are. I'm generally in agreance until I see the right hand side of the gun and then I choke, and have to close the window.

·
Seasteading Aficionado
44,896 Posts
:love: :love: :love: :love: I'd buy one of those in a heartbeat. Beautiful 1911. I like 'em.

·
Yukon Cornelius
11,722 Posts
howie1932 said:
Am I the only one that thinks the visible extractor is extremely tacky? Everyone talks about how beautiful the S&W 1911's are. I'm generally in agreance until I see the right hand side of the gun and then I choke, and have to close the window.
maybe all those people are lefties cause you wont see that bu if youre wearing it on the right then it would be visible

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
It looks OK to me, but let's face it...it's just not a Glock. :shakehead:

:wink:

·
My Name is Inigo Montoya
4,025 Posts
i love how they called it rounded butt...

·
Registered
324 Posts
howie1932 said:
No, you are not the only one... Notice how all the pics are of the left side of it?

At least someone else gets it. I searched high and low for a "loaded" true commander and thought I was going to have to build one from a GI until I found my CBOB.

·
Registered
426 Posts
rabbivj said:
i love how they called it rounded butt...
Me too. Great Homage to the Revolver. I wish they made it in all Stainless.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
If it is anywhere near MSRP, I will stick with my Dan Wesson CCO for comparable money. Not too crazy about the pattern for the cocking serrations, either.

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
howie1932 said:
You're not the only one. In my opinion, an external extractor just strays too far away from John's original design.

"In the beginning was the 1911, and the 1911 was THE pistol, and it was good. And behold the Lord said, "Thou shalt not muck with my disciple John's design for it is good and it workith. For John made the 1911, and lo all of his weapons, from the designs which I, the Lord, gave him upon the mountain."

That quote may be blasphemous, but it's rather funny.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
I'd rather have mine "bob'ed", internal extractor and will only cost me a couple hundred dollars. :righton:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts