Georgiapacking.org banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Atlanta Overwatch
13,724 Posts
MrMorden said:
The only issue is that there seem to be persistent issues with the magazines dropping out while firing. :shock: S&W has claimed several times they have fixed the issue with redesigned mag catches, but there are still some guns that seem to be resisting all the fixes. Apparently the number with ongoing problems is going down by a lot, but there are still some problem guns out there.
This is not as big of an issue as gets made out to be on some forums. There are far more M&P owners on http://www.mp-pistol.com who have had no issues than there are people who have had this issue. Most of the people who have had this issue had early production guns.

·
Registered
4,048 Posts
The .40 cal I had, had one issue. Once a mag was loaded full with 15rds, one of the cartridges would rattle in the mag. Never had any problems running, just an aggravating rattle. No amount of slapping, tapping, or hitting the full mags would alleviate the problem. Same situation with both of the supplied mags. Load only 14rds, no rattle....

Now with my M&P 45, no issues whatsoever.

·
Registered
895 Posts
RepeatDefender said:
The .40 cal I had, had one issue. Once a mag was loaded full with 15rds, one of the cartridges would rattle in the mag. Never had any problems running, just an aggravating rattle. No amount of slapping, tapping, or hitting the full mags would alleviate the problem. Same situation with both of the supplied mags. Load only 14rds, no rattle....

My XD .45 does that too.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
yeah I had read about the problem but I am under the impression that it was resolved. I also have heard that S&W have great customer service. I don't know much about the magazine rattle though.

·
Registered
301 Posts
RepeatDefender said:

That is my one and only complaint about my M&P .40 also. I'm over 2k now in rounds with every shot fired.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts