S&W M&P 9mm

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by bulldog63, Oct 23, 2007.

1. bulldog63

bulldog63 Guest

Any opinions on this pistol? Any problems? It feels great to me and has a much smother trigger pull than the Sigma's. I have found one at Davidson's that comes with a carry pack that includes 3 17rd mags, bladtech holster and mag pouch. Also S&W will send additonally two more mags. Seems hard to beat for around 540.00.

2. VolGrad

VolGrad Tactical Statistician

never tried one but hear they are great. ask adam5. deal sounds pretty good too.

3. GunNut

GunNut New Member

The least expensive place I've seen them is at Buds...

http://www.budsgunshop.com

Not sure if they have that exact one with the carry pack or not.

4. bulldog63

bulldog63 Guest

thanks for the replies. Bud's does show one with a carry kit for 517.88 delivered.

5. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

I ran about 800 rounds through mine without any issues. It was 100% reliable and accurate. The only reason that I sold was that I got bit by the darned Sig bug.

Try Nick's in Marietta. I boutght my carry kit there for $519. You also get a $25 range credit if you buy agun there.

6. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

Nick's sounds like the best deal, between the range credit and not having to worry about transfers. But then again, tax can be a factor. Not sure if Bud's is shipping from out of state or not.

7. bulldog63

bulldog63 Guest

thanks Adam, that sig bug seems to be getting around. I really can't afford that bug though! :) The M&P seems to be pretty competitive for its price range.

8. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

It is. I liked it way better than the Glock 17 that had prior to it. They guys at Nick's are great to deal with to boot.

9. VolGrad

VolGrad Tactical Statistician

Bud's is out of state. No tax but would have to pay a FFL transfer fee. Shipping is usually not included in their prices unless they are running a special (eg the Sig Show guns prices included shipping).

10. bulldog63

bulldog63 Guest

for the little difference in price I would rather deal with a local dealer. Think I will give Nicks a call.
    Do ya'll have any opinion as to whether you would go to a compact or full size? This is mainly going to be for range use but there is a possibility I would use for cc.

11. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

Almost everything I've seen on Bud's site says "delivered".

12. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

I personally went full size. It fit me beter.

13. adcurt

adcurt New Member

The M&P 40cal compact is my daily carry. I've never had ftf or anything disappointing and I'm well over 1,000 rounds. A very reliable and comfy gun.

14. RepeatDefender

RepeatDefender New Member

I have an M&P 45. It is my OC gun, and first line of HD. Feels great in the hand, shoots softer than such a light gun should. I like mine alot.

15. Thorsen

Thorsen New Member

I have the M&P 9mm compact as my carry gun. No complaints at all. Its a solid weapon and shoots beautifully.

16. LonelyMachines

LonelyMachines Guest

IIRC, it was $515 for the package.

As far as the Sigma, the M&P is a far better gun. The newer Sigmas are using a trigger that's around 12lbs, and it's gritty. I cannot shoot one as well as I'd like.

The M&P is a smooth ~5.5lbs and is a great shooter. Pull is a hair long, but of all the polymer guns, I like it best. Not to dig on the XD/Glock/Steyr, but the M&P feels like a "real" trigger to me. Grip is thin and comfortable in the hand.

The Sigma is a <$300 gun. It is what it is. They seem to be reliable, and if that's all someone can afford, they could do worse. OTOH, the M&P feels like a real service auto.

17. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

I thought that I paid about that when I bought mine from you.

18. bulldog63

bulldog63 Guest

thanks for all the comments! :) Who is iirc? :help: I think I will go with a compact so it maybe a little harder to find at a good price.

19. budder

budder Moderator Staff Member

IIRC= If I Recall Correctly.

20. MrMorden

MrMorden New Member

The only issue is that there seem to be persistent issues with the magazines dropping out while firing. :shock: S&W has claimed several times they have fixed the issue with redesigned mag catches, but there are still some guns that seem to be resisting all the fixes. Apparently the number with ongoing problems is going down by a lot, but there are still some problem guns out there.

It has a lifetime warranty, but still you don't want to spend a year shuttling the gun back and forth to S&W.