Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7,006 Posts
Interested in a Smith Model 15, 4", factory Nickel, from 1971 with letter?

·
Registered
7,006 Posts
Answered in email.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Match10 said:
Answered in email.
Thanks for sending the pics. I'm trying to like nickel finish, but it's not doin' it for me. So after much thought, I'll have to decline.

Thanks,

TheGent

·
Registered
7,006 Posts
Like I said in the email, the nickel finish 15 does not look any different than the stainless finish on this gun. It just looked silvery and bright because i purposefully used a flash to show it. It looks like a stainless weapon, and I have to really look closely to tell the Model 66 apart from the Model 15-Nickel. Different tastes for differing folks!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Match10 said:
Like I said in the email, the nickel finish 15 does not look any different than the stainless finish on this gun. It just looked silvery and bright because i purposefully used a flash to show it. It looks like a stainless weapon, and I have to really look closely to tell the Model 66 apart from the Model 15-Nickel. Different tastes for differing folks!
Nickel is nickel. It has a higher luster than the brushed stainless finish, which is my gun above. Nickel is more like polished stainless steel. I've handled many nickel guns before. Put both of our guns side by side and you'll tell a difference. I can see your reflection in the gun.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Well - not to fan the flames of classic nickel S&W's :D

I have a M19, pinned and recessed, nickle, made in the "70's I believe. I also have the original wood grips. This a terrible pic that makes the nickle look weird, but can give you better pics if you're interested. Thanks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts