S&W 4566

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by jmathis84, Oct 5, 2010.

1. jmathis84

jmathis84 New Member

just picked this up from a guy on this forum. the frame and slide are tight. everything looks great on it. finish is excellent. will post pics later.

2. JMJ2

JMJ2 New Member

Thats a good gun. I own 2 3rd gen Smith autos and their excellent guns. I hope you enjoy that gun as much as I've enjoyed mine. I won't sale no time soon.

3. jmathis84

jmathis84 New Member

need to find a good holster for it now. the one i got with it works but needs better retition

4. jmathis84

jmathis84 New Member

shot it this weekend . it feed everything from Gold dots to FMJ with no issues. i am not crazy about the grip angle as much as i thought i would be.

5. legacy38

legacy38 Well-Known Member

I saw in your classifieds post that you wanted to trade this pistol for a 1911 because you didn't like the grip angle. I'm posting this response here to not muddy the waters of your classified, but the 1911 and the 4566 have the same grip angle. There may be differences in the width of the grip, and the shape of the tang may make it feel sightly different, but the angle on both pistols is the same.

The 4566 is a fine pistol, and I hope you find a trade that satisfies all parties involved.

6. JMJ2

JMJ2 New Member

I have some Hogue grips on my 4516 and it feels my hand more and feels better but I prefer the original factory grips. If you don't sale/trade try some hogue grips.