Russian Hitmen Operating in Turkey Kill a Dozen

Discussion in 'Off-topic Political' started by Malum Prohibitum, Dec 17, 2016.

1. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

Hmm?

hmm.... killing terrorist sympathizers and known militants who sometimes fight with guns and bombs, but at other times live normal family lives in suburbia?

Well, how unfair is it for governments to track down these people and kill them wherever they may be found? Especially when they're not retired or out of the terrorist-support business, but have merely stepped away from the front lines to take a rear-eschalon role in the fight to bring jihad and force all governments in the world to become part of the Islamic State?

I'll have to think about this.
    I'm not sure I'm all offended about it. Maybe I will be, if I ponder it for a while.

QUOTE from ARTICLE:

Edelgiriev had been one of those Chechens who continued to fight for an independent, and Islamic, Chechnya, even after most Chechen rebel units had been destroyed, or turned and recruited by the notoriously brutal Kadyrov.
    He remained holed up in the mountains until 2008 when he stepped on a trip wire, triggering an explosion that left his foot badly wounded. Then, after treatment in Turkey, he joined thousands of other Islamist militants from the former USSR in Syria, allying himself with the local affiliate of al-Qaeda, Jabhat al-Nusra.
    While many died in Syria, Edelgiriev returned to Turkey and is known to have been part of a group that had plotted to resume jihad on Russian territory.

2. EJR914

EJR914 Cheezburger Operator

:) "Russians" :rotfl:

3. Nemo

Nemo Man of Myth and Legend

If you can positively ID them, go find them and kill them. Not a problem to me. Very similar to James Holmes getting away and hiding in the Phillipines for a few years. ID him, find him, if you can bring him back, fine, if not, kill him. Works for me.

Nemo

4. moe mensale

moe mensale Well-Known Member

It's just a derivation of 4th generation warfare. Really not much different than some of the tactics employed by ISIS.

5. pml

pml Active Member

Maybe you could send a card, or something.

6. rmodel65

rmodel65 Yukon Cornelius

So it's kinda like they are acting under a letter of Marque and reprisal?

7. codegeek

codegeek codegeek reincarnate

8. EJR914

EJR914 Cheezburger Operator

I wonder a dirty war may ever happen here. Covert.

God help us if it does.

9. RedDawnTheMusical

RedDawnTheMusical Well-Known Member

I guess that explains the Russian ambassador being shot in Turkey today by an assassin.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2016
  10. GM404

GM404 Well-Known Member

Yep. I am thinking things over there might get a little messy before it's all said and done. Too bad that in a few short weeks we won't have Obummer around to try and placate everyone.

11. phaed

phaed Active Member

i don't think the ruskies will be take that lightly. people on the border should look out for the bear cavalry.

12. RedDawnTheMusical

[​IMG]

13. moe mensale

So you think Putin had his own ambassador killed?

The assassin has been identified as a Turk, not a Russian.

14. RedDawnTheMusical

Yes, I know. The original topic of this thread was about a series of assassinations by Russian hitman targeting ISIS in Turkey. I was suggesting that this was retribution for that.

15. moe mensale

Ah, OK. That could very well be a motive then. And doesn't bode well for certain folks in Syria.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2016
  16. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

Okay, I thought about it some more.

I tried to care.

I wanted to feel something like outrage for Russia's actions in violation of Turkish and international law. Killing terrorists and their propagandists and recruiters without a trial.

But it ain't there.

My give a damn's busted.

Attached Files:

17. Nemo

Nemo Man of Myth and Legend

Or Israel after the 1972 Olympics. Mossad reportedly got the terrorists, parents, children, wives and relatives from parents down and out.

I can go with that.

Nemo

18. Schweisshund

Schweisshund Well-Known Member

I am right there with you.

The Russians were apparently targeting some very bad individuals.

I recall the terrorists that held an entire school hostage and wired explosives to the gymnasium basketball posts. I remember the theater where the Russians had to pump in some super secret sleeping gas ....