Run-Off Election-Nov. 30, 2010

Discussion in 'GA Laws and Politics' started by GAGunOwner, Nov 15, 2010.

1. GAGunOwner

GAGunOwner Active Member

What offices are on the ballot? Who are the most 2nd amendment friendly candidates? Early voting starts Nov. 17, 2010. Discuss please. Thank you.

2. Taler

Taler New Member

I encourage everyone in Fulton County to vote for Kelly Lee for Superior Court Judge. Check out her website at votekellylee.com .

I know the candidate, she is well qualified, and a constitutionist. Her opponent is, well, not.

3. GooberTim

GooberTim New Member

Ms. Lee has a video on her web sight that's definitely worth a look. :righton:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3go2RYQ ... r_embedded

4. GAGunOwner

GAGunOwner Active Member

Lee has two DUIs and one of them was in something like 2002. :?

5. Taler

Taler New Member

Yep, she did have two DUIs. I asked her about them... she acknowledges her mistakes. One, in 1990, was late in her senior year at UGA, and the other was early this decade. I've been at numerous political events where Ms. Lee was present and coincidentally, alcohol was free-flowing. She (almost) invariably had a cocktail glass and was drinking club soda or the like.

Since the dui thingys were the only blemish on her record, I asked her specifically about it/them. She said she simply stopped drinking. I got the sense that she decided to maintain complete control of her life and future, rather than sacrifice anything to an outside agent.

By the way... she also teaches "hot" yoga and is in great physical shape.

(By way of raising concern about her, last year on her birthday, she, of her own volition, did a tandem jump from a perfectly good airplane. That raises more questions in my mind, than a couple of duis a decade ago, from a present day tea-totaler.)

6. mark5019

mark5019 what me worry?

ive met her and was totally impressed with her views

7. GAGunOwner

GAGunOwner Active Member

The DUI from college in 1990 is ancient history. The 2002 DUI (and magnified by the 1990 DUI) not so much for a person trying to be a judge in 2010. :(

8. mark5019

mark5019 what me worry?

better shes honest and admits what happened then lie or not pay taxes

9. Taler

Taler New Member

So meet her (Kelly) yourself, have a chat, and believe or don't. And by all means, chat with her opponent, who includes "fairness" in every address regarding how she'd adjudicate.

PM me if you'd like Kelly's phone number to arrange a meeting or just a phone conversation.

10. jdh31313

jdh31313 Active Member

What about the Appeals Court Judge race in the run-off?

11. mark5019

mark5019 what me worry?

i met/talked to her at the GOP meet in norcross. i was impressed and will vote for her again. plus i need to contact her about a picture which was taken with me

12. mountainpass

mountainpass Under Scrutiny

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=51396&hilit=appeals

Edit:

13. GAGunOwner

GAGunOwner Active Member

Courtney Johnson or Michael Rothenberg?

14. GAGunOwner

GAGunOwner Active Member

Michael Rothenberg's website says he's a member of the Anti-Defimation League.

http://michaelforjudge.com/about/the-lawyer/

From Wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-Defamation_League

15. Taler

Taler New Member

Early voting throughout the County. North and South Annex, Ocee Library, and Pryor Street.

16. Taler

Taler New Member

Please vote today.

17. commodore_dude

commodore_dude Active Member

Done!

18. Rugerer

Rugerer GeePeeDoHolic

Voter #74 for my precinct, just now.