Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wrote a letter to the editor of my local paper concerning the run-off election for Sheriff of Liberty County. Here is the letter…http://www.coastalcourier.com/news/article/25837/
Lets elect sheriff with experience

Editor,

I am writing because I find it strange how people reacted after the death of Sheriff Don Martin when his wife Polly was appointed to finish his term until the special election. A common complaint I heard was that she had no experience. Fast-forward several months later to the election and look at the hypocrisy. The front-runner in this race, Steve Sikes, is no doubt a good man with decent values, but many of the same people who I heard complaining about Polly Martin’s appointment are now supporting Sikes who, like Polly, has no firsthand experience in law enforcement.
In Warren Waye, I see a candidate who has many years and various levels of first-hand law enforcement experience. I have never met Mr. Waye, nor have I campaigned for him, but I have supported him and will continue to support him for sheriff because of his experience and the need for change.

jdh31313

·
Seasteading Aficionado
44,896 Posts
Well written letter, jdh.

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Early voting is in full swing this week. There was a nice little crowd at the election office. I voted today along with my wife. I voted for David Nahmias (Supreme Count Justice) and Warren Waye (Liberty County Sheriff). I skipped voting for the seat on the Appeals Court as I didn't know either candidate.

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
:bump: Reminder for the Liberty County folks...hits the polls tomorrow & vote!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts