Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
NRA Certified Instructor
5,006 Posts
Just stay away from aftermarket brands on Ruger mags. I have yet in 17 years found any other brand that functions properly. However I have a 15 round promag I will give you for free. It's not worth that much but it's never been fired because the ammo falls out of it before you can get it in the gun.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
When I had a Ruger P95, I tried a pro-mag and ended up just biting the bullet (sorry) and buying one directly from Ruger.

You mean you cannot get a discount through Patrick's?

·
Registered
6,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Suburbbus said:
When I had a Ruger P95, I tried a pro-mag and ended up just biting the bullet (sorry) and buying one directly from Ruger.

You mean you cannot get a discount through Patrick's?
It's not for me...it's for a buddy that lives too far to make driving feasible and he doesn't use the internet. :screwy:

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
seajay said:
Just stay away from aftermarket brands on Ruger mags. I have yet in 17 years found any other brand that functions properly. However I have a 15 round promag I will give you for free. It's not worth that much but it's never been fired because the ammo falls out of it before you can get it in the gun.
I have only 2 "Ruger" mags they are 10 rounders. I also have 2 15, 2 17, and 2 33 round after market magazines that I have used for the last 10+ years without any problems whatsoever!

·
GeePeeDoHolic
6,404 Posts
seajay said:
Just stay away from aftermarket brands on Ruger mags.
I've never had an issue with the Mec-Gar mag I have.

·
Dei Gratia
2,907 Posts
Rugerer said:
seajay said:
Just stay away from aftermarket brands on Ruger mags.
I've never had an issue with the Mec-Gar mag I have.
Agreed. I have 2 17 rnd mags from them. Never had an issue. Now that I no longer have a P95 I'm sending them to my Dad for his Ruger.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts