Ruger P90

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by a-squared, Dec 30, 2010.

1. a-squared

a-squared New Member

Ruger P90 .45 acp, just picked up one of these in a trade.

Have only had one opportunity to shoot it, but really enjoyed the way it felt. Had no problems with ammo feeding/ejecting.

Curious if anyone has any long term experience with these?

2. JMan

JMan New Member

Very great guns! hands down!

3. jasonb

jasonb New Member

That was my first handgun, the decock only model. I bought it just after I turned 21. I sold it earlier this year because I just didn't shoot it anymore. It was a tank of a gun and was accurate too. I never had any issues with it though I probably only put about 1500 rounds through it. I regret selling it sometimes.
    I did kill two deer with it!

4. seajay

seajay NRA Certified Instructor

I've had mine for around 18 or so years. After thousands of rounds it is still accurate and a fine shooter. I did have a problem with a broken mag release spring a couple of years ago. Called Ruger and they sent 2 new ones at no charge. It took about 5 minutes to remove the broken spring and install the new one. Running like a champ to this day. Never had any other failures of any kind.

5. a-squared

a-squared New Member

Awesome, thanks for the input.

I really enjoyed shooting it and was hoping it would receive good durability feedback.

It is stainless and has very minor rusting specs on it so that is only thing I am looking at now.

6. jabara572

jabara572 New Member

It worked great in True Lies???

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Suburbbus

Suburbbus Well-Known Member

I have wanted a P90 ever since I got interested in owning a handgun a couple of years ago, but could never find one that I could afford.

A month or so back, I found one for sale and drove about 100 miles one way on a rainy Monday night to get it. I plan on keeping this one forever. It has shot flawlessly at the range with FMJ and JHP's.

Hang on to that one, it is a definate keeper. If you did decide to sell it, depending on what you asked for it, it would probably sell real fast. I found mine almost as soon as it was posted on a gun sale site.

8. jabara572

jabara572 New Member

I have heard....not sure if its true.... that the P90 is so good it will actually feed empty cases from the magazine.. :righton: