Ruger LCR - carried this weekend

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by BSCLibertarian, Dec 12, 2010.

1. BSCLibertarian

BSCLibertarian I'm kind of a big deal

I am flying back from St. Louis right now (love free in flight wireless) and I was unable to take anything with me because we didn't want to check any bags (just a quick weekend trip to surprise my big brother for his 40th).

My brother let me carry his LCR while we were up there. Carried it in an ankle holster for a bit and it was pretty comfortable but with jeans I felt like it printed a bit (maybe a different rig would have been better).....I carried it mostly in a pocket holster and it was great....didn't even know it was there.

I would definitely recommend it as a BUG or for something for deep concealment....

That's my :2cents: on the LCR....

2. Fisad

Fisad New Member

That's the revolver right?

3. Fisad

Fisad New Member

Wife uses a Taurus 85. Wheel guns seems to be the most reliable.

4. elevatorman

elevatorman Member

I thought the LCR was a auto 380 Edit the auto is the LCP

5. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

That's the LCP.

LcP = "pistol" = semi-auto.

LcR = "revolver" = not a "pistol" in some people's minds.

I used to get them mixed up all the time.

6. Fisad

Fisad New Member

I carry a xd9sc, wife has the wheel gun, to each their own.

7. Seca

Seca New Member

I have a 442 which i am assuming is near the sam size as the LCR. I dont see how you can pocket carry and be comfy with it. Unless you are a bigger guy and have bigger pockets. I can stand having it in my pocket. Normally carry it in an ankle holster.

8. BSCLibertarian

BSCLibertarian I'm kind of a big deal

I've carried a 442 in my pocket too....didn't bother me at all and I am not a big guy. Just 6' 9" 295.....just kidding. It does take a little getting used to but it was better than carrying nothing (the LCR) and that was the other option for the weekend. My KelTec is definitely a better pocket piece.