Ruger LCP IWB carry alternative

Discussion in 'Holsters / Method of Carry' started by Guest, Nov 4, 2010.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

I have a LCP with the crimson trace laser and have been researching a IWB rig for another carry option (in addition to wallet carry/pocket carry.) Here are two choices from Talon Training Group and Aholster that I like; one leather and the other kydex. I'm leaning more toward the kydex as it's thinner and has adjustable retention. I'm not really worried about tucking as I don't do that often. I'm planning on primarily carrying in a wallet holster, but some of my pants/shorts don't have deep enough pockets so I'd like to have a IWB method as well. Does anyone have experience with either of these choices? They both seem to have good coverage of the gun for minimal contact, but the kydex is thinner and would probably be easier to keep clean. Thoughts?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

v/r
    Sarge

2. Quest50

Quest50 Active Member

That first picture is 15 different kinds of gigantic.

Edited: because i didn't read thoroughly enough. My bad.

3. krmbigmac

krmbigmac Active Member

my wife carries her LCP (w/o laser) in the aholster that you have pictured. I purchased it from a forum member here. I have heard no complaints from her about comfort or other. I do not know if it comes standard, but the aholster that she has came with two different attachments. One is used for a quick tuck and the other is used for going around a belt.

Edit: 1) That picture is huge. 2) I carry my LCP (w/o laser) in front pocket holster. I guess I have deep pockets. :lol:

4. hops2899

hops2899 New Member

FWIW I carry my LCP using a Kel-Tec belt clip. I do not carry with a loaded chamber and would not recommend doing so.

5. Guest

Guest Guest

I don't mean to offend anyone here, but what is the point of carrying an unloaded weapon? I can understand the simplicity of your chosen carry method and maybe that dictates why you choose to carry without a round chambered, but I will carry with a round chambered and that's what's driving my choice in carry holsters. I've been in the military for 20 years and have deployed and carried loaded weapons daily for extended periods of time (and had contact and used those weapons;) you don't carry unloaded. I don't care how much you train or drill on presentation and engagement, when the real heat is on are you going to remember to rack/chamber a round? Or have the time to do so? Maybe, or maybe not; I'd rather not find out the hard way. With the right holster/retention and proper indexing/presentation this weapon can be a safe "loaded" carry in my opinion. Maybe everyone doesn't think the same way that I do, or maybe there might be circumstances that you have the time/reaction to load the weapon prior to use, but I don't want to take that chance. That's my take, thanks for your recommendation...FWIW.

Sarge

6. Quest50

Quest50 Active Member

Carry mine in my change pocket on my jeans... Covers the trigger just fine. (and for SargeAF, yes, it's loaded.) I don't worry about it going off because of the ridiculous trigger pull.

7. krmbigmac

krmbigmac Active Member

90%, if not more, of the people on this board carry "locked and loaded" or "condition 1" or "cocked and locked." (one in chamber, hammer pulled, safety on) You will not get flack for carrying this way around here.

8. 1str8shot

1str8shot New Member

that can be fixed :mrgreen: mine is at a nice 4lbs. just gotta work that hammer spring, then work the firing pin spring so that it still hits the primer hard enough, but not so much that the firing pin sticks if you dry fire it, which some do from the factory. :righton:

9. DogLeg

DogLeg New Member

i like the aholster. never heard of them before.

10. Guest

Guest Guest

Me too, I think I'm settled on that one. An Aholster for an Ahole...lol! :lol: That's what my wife said! I like the magazine holders he makes as well. I also picked up a wallet holster from http://www.bearcreekholsters.com/photo_gallery.php that is also convertible to a front pocket carry (removable wallet flap.)

Sarge