Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone get their hands in one yet? Sounds like better option than LCP. Good ankle gun?

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
Ga firing line had one and I did a side-by-side comparison to the LCP. It's a bit larger than the LCP: about an inch more in length and half an inch taller. That said, It looks like it would still be good in a pocket or ankle holster. The sights also look better.

If I had to choose, I'd take the LC9 over the LCP (I own an LCP).

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
Quest50 said:
Ga firing line had one and I did a side-by-side comparison to the LCP. It's a bit larger than the LCP: about an inch more in length and half an inch taller. That said, It looks like it would still be good in a pocket or ankle holster. The sights also look better.

Don't know where you are getting your measurements from, but from what I have seen at the gun store, the LC9 is almost a full inch taller than the LCP, and weighs almost 9 ounces more when loaded. That not a "bit larger" in my book, and it certainly is apparent when holding them side by side.
The LC9 is the size of the Kahr CW9, and unless you've got thick ankles, the height and weight is less than ideal for ankle carry in my book. Better off with a J-frame with Uncle Mike's boot grips (like the 642/442 out of the box), or a semi-auto around the size and weight of a PM9/PM40/CM9.

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
SongDogSniper said:
Quest50 said:

Don't know where you are getting your measurements from, but from what I have seen at the gun store, the LC9 is almost a full inch taller than the LCP, and weighs almost 9 ounces more when loaded. That not a "bit larger" in my book, and it certainly is apparent when holding them side by side.
The LC9 is the size of the Kahr CW9, and unless you've got thick ankles, the height and weight is less than ideal for ankle carry in my book. Better off with a J-frame with Uncle Mike's boot grips (like the 642/442 out of the box), or a semi-auto around the size and weight of a PM9/PM40/CM9.
According to the Kahr and Ruger websites the Ruger is .5" taller, .7" longer, same width and weighs 1.2 oz more than the Kahr PM9, I wouldn't call that too big for ankle carry.

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
dcannon1 said:
SongDogSniper said:
Quest50 said:

According to the Kahr and Ruger websites the Ruger is .5" taller, .7" longer, same width and weighs 1.2 oz more than the Kahr PM9, I wouldn't call that too big for ankle carry.
The Ruger website shows the LC9 as having a height of 4.5".

The Ruger website shows the LCP as having a height of 3.6".

4.5" - 3.6" = 0.9"

0.9" = almost a full inch, especially for government work.

Although Ruger's marketing folks are trying very hard to convince everyone that the LC9 is basically a 9mm LCP, it ain't so. The graphic below should help get my point across.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts