Ruger goes 10mm?

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by UtiPossidetis, Jun 20, 2017.

1. UtiPossidetis

UtiPossidetis American

http://www.ruger-firearms.com/products/sr1911/specSheets/6739.html
    [​IMG]

• Model Number: 6739
    • Caliber: 10mm Auto

• Capacity8+1
    • Slide MaterialStainless Steel
    • Barrel Length5"
    • Grip FrameLow-Glare Stainless
    • Grip PanelsBlack Rubberized

• Model TypeTarget
    • Slide FinishLow-Glare Stainless
    • Width1.34"
    • SightsBomar-Style Adjustable
    • Weight40.4 oz.

• Overall Length8.67"
    • Height5.45"
    • Grooves6
    • Twist1:16" RH
    • CA ApprovedNo
    • MA Approved & CertifiedNo
    • Suggested Retail$1019.00

2. UtiPossidetis

UtiPossidetis American

Weird, I keep getting an error "Security" message when I try to add this information to my earlier post:

• Precision CNC-controlled machining process results in a superior slide-to-frame fit and smooth slide travel.
    • The bushingless stainless steel bull barrel provides additional weight at the muzzle for improved recoil control, aided by a full length guide rod.
    • Ramped barrel is nitrided for maximum durability.
    • Positive barrel lock-up allows for superior accuracy out of the box.
    • Traditional design with replaceable grip panels and checkered backstrap.
    • Lightweight, aluminum, skeletonized trigger features an adjustable over-travel stop and provides a very crisp, no creep, light trigger pull with a quick, positive reset.
    • Skeletonized hammer is lightweight and provides faster cycling.
    • Oversized beavertail grip safety provides positive function and reliability.
    • Extended thumb safety and slide stop lever for improved, positive manipulation.
    • Integral plunger tube for slide stop and thumb safety is not staked and will never come loose.
    • Oversized ejection port and extended magazine release enhance competition performance.
    • Visual inspection port allows for visual confirmation of a loaded or empty chamber.
    • Features a flat mainspring housing and rear slide serrations for a positive grip.
    • Accepts standard, aftermarket 1911 parts and accessories.
    • Classic, original 1911 Series 70 design.
    • Also includes: swaged link pin; titanium firing pin; two stainless steel magazines.

3. Suburbbus

Suburbbus Well-Known Member

Would love to have one. I will just have to live with my SR1911 in 45ACP. :)

4. phaed

phaed Active Member

nice to see the round becoming more popular, but lemme know when they go double-stack

5. Phil1979

Phil1979 Member Georgia Carry

This. When you have a blaster like that, you want it to hold a double-digit amount of ammo.

6. Glockenator

Glockenator Active Member

But, but, but if you have 10mm, then one round is all you will ever need. You can nuke half of Earth with just one round. :lol:

Says the guy who has a Glock 20. :mrgreen: (15+1 rds of Underwood on my hip is very, very comforting when out in the woods)

That Ruger is a good looking gun. But they sure are quite proud of it ($1,019).

7. johnski

johnski Well-Known Member

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSS9WDjkJPI[/ame]

8. johnski

johnski Well-Known Member

Lowest I've seen them on gunbroker today (June 24) was $729

9. Phil1979

Phil1979 Member Georgia Carry

Love to see that Underwood ammo in the video. The hottest ammo for the best price there is. Cheaper than Doubletap, cheaper than Buffalo Bore.

10. Match10

Match10 Active Member

I'd trade in my Rock and put it towards one. I like that.

11. zetor

zetor Gaston beat up John

Has anyone bought one of these? That might be the next gun I buy. I like the Bomar style rear sight and a plain black front blade and I've had good service from the rugers I've owned.