Ruger customer service

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by Adam5, Dec 21, 2017.

1. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

I have to brag on Ruger’s customer service.

I traded into a used GP100 last week. That did not come with the plastic case or owners manual. I called Ruger and asked if I could buy them. The representative said that they can not sell them to me, but will send me them at no charge. They are even reprinting the serial numbered label for the box.

This is customer service at its best.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 21, 2017
    Littleman, tmoore912 and Mafuta54 like this.
  2. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

holy carp, that's AMAY-ZING customer service.
    I'm seriously impressed.

(I remember 30 years ago when Ruger, faced with a law regulating product warranties and making companies choose between very bundensome compliance and just omitting the warranty altogether, chose the latter. No more "factory warranty" from Ruger after some date in the early 1980s.

Yet, Ruger told the American gun-buying public that if we ever had a problem, call them, and they'd like to have the opportunity to do something about it. They never make a legally-enforceable promise about exactly what they'd do, but they "wink-and-nod" made it clear that they were going to be honoring unofficial, off-the-books warranties even when the gun came with a notice that said it's being sold without warranty.

And they have, and they've been very good about it for generations now.)

AtlPhilip, Bill-Columbus and Adam5 like this.

3. Suburbbus

Suburbbus Well-Known Member

They did that for me also with an SR9. Box arrived with the sticker already attached.

4. UtiPossidetis

UtiPossidetis American

Welcome to owning an American made Ruger. Not surprised, but still delighted.

AtlPhilip likes this.
  5. Wegahe

Wegahe NRA Instructor

You'll like the GP100. I have a lot of Ruger firearms and have had great customer service from Ruger for many years. I just call them up and they send me whatever I need. No questions asked except SN and where to send it.

6. johnski

johnski Well-Known Member

That's a horrid looking GP100. Here, let me give you $5 for it. I will accept the shame of owning it ;p

7. a_springfield

a_springfield Well-Known Member

That is a good deal because I was going to say give me $5 to carry that shame :lol:. I love ruger guns I am currently sitting with an LCP in my pocket, a LCR beside my bed, and a 10/22 in the closet. A super Blackhawk will be in the safe by the end of 2018. (Don't tell my wife she does not know that yet)

8. UtiPossidetis

UtiPossidetis American

Been a fan since '89 when I bought my MkII. The American Rimfire that we got last month is my newest Ruger.

9. Nemo

Nemo Man of Myth and Legend

When you get it, put it in the safe and leave it there for a month without touching it. Keep it hidden under a sack or something.

That way, if she sees it and asks about it, you can honestly say-- oh, that old thing, its been there for a long time. See the dust and stuff on it. I need to take it out and clean it up and shoot it to see if I want to keep it.

That generally makes a great cover story.

Nemo

10. Glockenator

Glockenator Active Member

The once or twice I needed customer service from Ruger were very positive experiences. I have a Ruger American Rimfire. While it's not a CZ by any means, it's a nice, decent quality rifle at a decent price, and the part I needed for the stock was either sent to me for free or at a good discount from Ruger (I don't recall which). It wasn't a defective part, but rather something to make a length change on the stock. I contacted them, and they handled it really well.

11. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

They are on the ball at Ruger. I just received a shipping notice from FedEx Ground with a tracking number, showing that it’s scheduled for pick up this afternoon.

12. moe mensale

moe mensale Well-Known Member

Speaking from experience are we? :lol:

13. a_springfield

I think I can get her mind off the black hawk when she see the marlin in .44mag to match ;)

Adam5 likes this.
  14. Nemo

Nemo Man of Myth and Legend

Yes, has worked for me several times in the past. But she may be getting wise to the situation and inventory.

Problem is when she sees either one of them. Thats when she gets concerned. If she sees 2 that match up or go together or whatever that would be called, she can get really going. And going not necessarily in a good way. At least mine would anyway.

Nemo

15. zetor

zetor Well-Known Member

I have to send my gp in. It's missing one of the balls on the bearing surface of the crane.

16. a_springfield

If I am sleeping on the couch might as well get a two for one deal

17. awanatech

awanatech Well-Known Member

Better to get 2 at one time and get it over with rather than 1 two different times and drag it out.