Ruger 44Mag or Taurus raging bull 44Mag?

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by kestak, Oct 3, 2007.

1. kestak

kestak New Member

Greetings,

My wife is harrassing me since a few months and finally, she'll get her 44 magnum. However, I am not sure which one we should buy. The porice difference is about 100$. Which one would you buy: Ruger 44Mag Rosewood grips or Taurus raging bull 44Mag? I read at a few places that Ruger is built like a tank and compared to Taurus.

Thank you

2. Taler

Taler New Member

I've owned a Blackhawk (single action) for more than twenty years and never had a problem. I don't think you can go wrong with the Ruger.

3. tj2000

tj2000 Guest

I own both Ruger and Taurus. The raging bull is a good pistol (454 casul) but the lines on the ruger are prettier. You can't go wrong with either one.
    My :2cents:
    :wildeyed:

4. AeroShooter

AeroShooter Active Member

Get both -- you can never have enough guns!

5. viper32cm

viper32cm New Member

Your wife wants you to get a .44 Mag? Nice.

My advice, buy whichever one has a better trigger.

6. SigP229

SigP229 Active Member

Your wife wants a .44 Mag? I'm jealous :lol:

7. jp233

jp233 hu huh, you said "Member"

Get neither :)

Smith & Wesson !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ever see "Dirty Harry" ? Worth a watch :D

FWIW, If I did have to choose between the Taurus and Ruger, I'd go with Ruger...

8. MrMorden

MrMorden New Member

The Taurus is basically a Brazilian copy of a S&W...as such, it might have a nicer trigger than the Ruger (assuming the Ruger is a double action), which tend to have heavy and slightly gritty triggers.

I'd say look them both over and try their triggers, then decide.

9. JiG

JiG Awaiting censure

Post 100! Not a newb anymore! :woohoo:

I've got a Ruger Vaquero and a Raging Bull both in .45 colt.

Both are built like tanks. They can handle my hot loads. My Ruger only gets 10 grains of Unique for a 250 gr RNFP. Enough to get the bullet over 1000 fps. Any more than that and it's just brutal to handle. The Raging Bull with it's ported barrel and extra 3" barrel, i load to 15 grains of Unique for the same 250 gr RNFP. And it's still not hard to handle the Bull with those speeds. I stopped at 15 grains for the Bull because i achieved the 1400+ fps i wanted. Low .454 speeds.

I take it that you are looking at similar sized revolvers. Mine aren't similar sized. The Vaquero is MUCH easier to tote around. The Bull with it's 8 3/8" barrel is a bit of a chore to carry.

I like em both.

So, just get whichever you like best. (of course, find the one with the best trigger.... but don't forget that you can get different springs for the Ruger if you don't like the trigger it comes with)

10. Lightsped

Lightsped Guest

I prefer the Taurus Raging Bull. It is such a hugely massive gun. Below is mine. I have never fired it because I am scared of it, and can't afford the ammo.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

That's a nice looking gun there. Got an OWB holster for it yet?

12. ArmyCW4

ArmyCW4 Guest

Never fired it ???? What a waste of a perfectly good lead accelerating apparatus.

13. kestak

kestak New Member

Greetings,

I am really thinking doing the unbelievable and buy both...it is what my wifes wants... and I am scared of her...hehehe.

Seriously, I am leaning toward the Taurus Raging Bull 444SS8 and an after market Hogue rosewood round grip:
    http://www.hogueinc.com/getgrip/merchan ... 366&step=4

About the cost of the ammo: reload is the key. I'll buy the first 100 rounds then reload them for the cost of the dies and about 19 cents each shot after that.

Thank you