Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Premium Member
8,459 Posts
The only thing I can think of that this ordinance would cover would be something like catching someone red handed with your property and you shoot at or near them to scare them away/drop the property.

Such as someone stealing something out of your yard. You cant come outside and start blasting away. (though I think a State law already covers this)

One thing I have learned is that the local officials typically don't know or don't obey the state code, and the media doesn't know or care to find out.

After the courthouse shooting in March, several counties were "looking into" banning citizens from bringing firearms into courthouses. Too bad the state already beat them too it.
I also saw on the Atlanta news that my county's courthouse was going to install a metal detector at the entrance, I guess it is going beside the current metal detector that has been there for 3 years.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.