Roswell to limit use of firearm?!?!?

Discussion in 'Georgia In the News' started by geaux_tigers, May 16, 2005.

1. geaux_tigers

geaux_tigers Member

I heard something on WSB about the city of Roswell enacting an ordinance to prevent use of a firearm in defense of property... :evil:

Anybody have any details on this?

2. john

john New Member

Roswell {area 51}

Deadly force is only justfied in the case where a reasonable pearson is in fear of death or serious bodly harm. You can't waste um for stealing the hub caps off your Chevy.

3. geaux_tigers

geaux_tigers Member

Sure. But what about a car jacking?

4. ICP_Juggalo

ICP_Juggalo Active Member

Under GA law, your motor vehicle is considered a habitation like your house or place of business.

IIRC, See O.C.G.A. 16-3-20 - 16-3-23

5. john

john New Member

Carjack is taking the car by force with you in it.( Using force or the threat of force on your person)

6. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

The only thing I can think of that this ordinance would cover would be something like catching someone red handed with your property and you shoot at or near them to scare them away/drop the property.

Such as someone stealing something out of your yard. You cant come outside and start blasting away. (though I think a State law already covers this)

One thing I have learned is that the local officials typically don't know or don't obey the state code, and the media doesn't know or care to find out.

After the courthouse shooting in March, several counties were "looking into" banning citizens from bringing firearms into courthouses. Too bad the state already beat them too it.
    I also saw on the Atlanta news that my county's courthouse was going to install a metal detector at the entrance, I guess it is going beside the current metal detector that has been there for 3 years.

7. ber950

ber950 Active Member

Deadly weapons

It is aimed primarily a bow hunters. Some guy shot a deer in his back yard and it ran into a neighbors yard to die. She was very upset.

They tabled the bill to consider the wording. It seems the camo coalilition been all over them for this. They have more clout than we do.
    check them out at www.gwf.org/camo.htm

8. geaux_tigers

geaux_tigers Member

Re: Deadly weapons

This proves that some things are just a matter of perspective. She looks at the dead deer and feels sad. I on the other hand am a glass-half-full kinda guy; I look at the dead deer feel like its time to fire up the grill and call some friends. :D

9. ber950

ber950 Active Member

Total Agreement

I totaly agree with you. Free meat! But this is from a guy who has used a pickup truck to tenderize a deer before.