Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to a coffee shop in Roswell this weekend; was CC my full size PX4. After ordering I walked to the back of the store looking for a small table to sit.

As I walk past this young guy (20-25 y.old) I noticed him looking at the gun. I sat to use my iPad while waiting for my order.

Kid got so nervous at me being there... he got up, sat down, got up again and walked to a different part of the coffee house. Walked back and picked up his back back, put it back down, picked it up again and took it to a different table. Came back for his laptop. piled up all his books and notebooks and just left the area where I was seated.

Anyway, just sharing... first time I've noticed anyone so agitated over it.

·
Swollen Member
11,969 Posts
I'm not sure I understand. You said you were conceal carrying (CC) your PX4 but the kid kept looking at your gun? Was it so sloppily concealed that almost anyone could see it, and if so, what was the point of concealing it in the first place?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OWB under a suit jacket, he just saw it as I walked past him. Just not the best concealed method when wearing a fitted suit. I normally wear a bigger sport coat or a rain jacket.

·
Member Georgia Carry
11,905 Posts
I think a holstered pistol fully in the open on purpose has folks more at ease than one that looks like it's meant to be concealed that keeps coming into partial view.

This is because people know that criminals conceal 99.98% of the time until they are ready to use it.

So a wide open carrier isn't perceived to be a criminal. Although we still deserve the occasional stink eye if you ask some folks.

·
Swollen Member
11,969 Posts
He probably smelled like pot smoke and thought you were a cop.

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
This is because people know that criminals conceal 99.98% of the time until they are ready to use it.
How many crooks wear suit jackets and carry in holsters?

I just realized something. Do you think it's the weight of the illegally concealed firearm in the pocket that drags those britches down around their butt cheeks?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
A lot of young people are like that; they have bought into the idea that any armed person not wearing an uniform is bad news...

·
American
3,289 Posts
A lot of young people are like that; they have bought into the idea that any armed person not wearing an uniform is bad news...
Sorry, you have that backwards. They HAVE bought into the propaganda that only LEOs should be armed and everyone else who is armed is bad news.....

·
Registered
9,360 Posts
Sorry, you have that backwards. They HAVE bought into the propaganda that only LEOs should be armed and everyone else who is armed is bad news.....
one day i had to explain to a retarded bagger at safeway that asked me about my gun that i wasn't a cop. her i can excuse. these kids today...

·
Member Georgia Carry
11,905 Posts
I started writing my earlier post BEFORE Carlos' post describing his suit jacket hit the forum - check the time stamps.

Even then, I did not assume he was dressed as a typical crook. I was just speaking in general terms.

I was also speaking from experience. I was not dressed as a crook once a few years when CC'ing in a Walmart, but my open shirt must have waved and gave someone a peek, because of a hushed and scared sounding whisper I heard behind me, "He's got a gun!"

When carrying openly as I usually do now, I never hear anyone exclaiming in a worried voice.

How many crooks wear suit jackets and carry in holsters?

I just realized something. Do you think it's the weight of the illegally concealed firearm in the pocket that drags those britches down around their butt cheeks?

·
Swollen Member
11,969 Posts
I bet this happened too.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It was just the wrong firearm for the clothes. Do it all the time, I know I should've carried the compact but like the feel of the full size a lot more. A suit calls for a compact firearm.

I also don't care to conceal IWB, Just haven't found a comfortable holster. I just got the alien holster combo and have use the IWB once. Like the OWB a lot better.

I think the real issue is the feel of unease and concern people have when they are around an armed person not wearing an uniform. Real sad.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Nothing wrong with open carry, I do it everyday. You are right, much more comfortable than iwb. Plus since it's a god-given right, why should I "hide" it?

·
Seasteading Aficionado
44,900 Posts
Nothing wrong with open carry, I do it everyday. You are right, much more comfortable than iwb. Plus since it's a god-given right, why should I "hide" it?
Because the conceal carry Nazis promise me I'll be instantly dead the very first second anything goes down because the bad guy will be Jason Bourne.

·
69,784 Posts
I had a little kid point out my openly carried pistol to his Dad and proclaim loudly, "Daddy, that man has a gun!" I smiled at him and said, "My, aren't you observant?"

I am not sure he knew what "observant" meant, but he smiled proudly at both me and his father, chest puffed out a little.

·
Swollen Member
11,969 Posts
I had a little kid point out my openly carried pistol to his Dad and proclaim loudly, "Daddy, that man has a gun!" I smiled at him and said, "My, aren't you observant?"

I am not sure he knew what "observant" meant, but he smiled proudly at both me and his father, chest puffed out a little.
Little kid: BTFO.

Kid probably doesn't know what condescending means.

·
Man of Myth and Legend
15,172 Posts
I was in a Sams Club today. Dad, mom, and about 5 kids under age 9 were behind me on one of the aisles and just as I turned a corner I heard one kid comment in a bit surprised tone-- that man has a gun, what do we do. I did not hear any parental response but they did not run away screaming or anything. They did not even go back down the aisle in the opposite way.

I turned back and told the kid-- yes but its a very tame one, and very well trained and will never hurt anyone unless its necessary. Dad replied-- great answer, thanks. He began to tell the kids that guns are just hunks of metal and people that are criminals are the problem, not the guns.

I was pleased.

Nemo

·
Member Georgia Carry
11,905 Posts
Well done, Nemo! You helped inoculate a young mind against the leftist lie that only bad guys and cops carry guns in public.

I was in a Sams Club today. Dad, mom, and about 5 kids under age 9 were behind me on one of the aisles and just as I turned a corner I heard one kid comment in a bit surprised tone-- that man has a gun, what do we do. I did not hear any parental response but they did not run away screaming or anything. They did not even go back down the aisle in the opposite way.

I turned back and told the kid-- yes but its a very tame one, and very well trained and will never hurt anyone unless its necessary. Dad replied-- great answer, thanks. He began to tell the kids that guns are just hunks of metal and people that are criminals are the problem, not the guns.

I was pleased.

Nemo

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.