Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Oh man, this is the news of the year for me!

Representative Ron Paul, Texas Republican and author of “End the Fed,†will take control of the House subcommittee that oversees the Federal Reserve.
Paul, in an interview last week, said he plans a slate of hearings on U.S. monetary policy and will restart his push for a full audit of the Fed’s functions.
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2010-12-0 ... panel.html

·
Seasteading Aficionado
44,896 Posts
Yeah, when I heard this a couple weeks ago that he was in the running to oversee the panel, I was really excited.

Is it official yet? Is he officially leading the panel now?

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
EJR914 said:
Yeah, when I heard this a couple weeks ago that he was in the running to oversee the panel, I was really excited.

Is it official yet? Is he officially leading the panel now?
Yes sir!

House Financial Services chairman-elect Spencer Bachus, an Alabama Republican, selected Paul, 75, to lead the panel’s domestic monetary policy subcommittee when their party takes the House majority next month, the committee chairman said today.

·
Seasteading Aficionado
44,896 Posts
:woohoo:

Finally some common sense and principle will be applied to our Central Bank. I feel very comfortable with Ron Paul overseeing the panel.

Its really poetic justice for the Central Bank. After all, Ron Paul wants the Fed finally audited, and eventually wants it ended.

I hope he is able to do something. Our Central Bank certainly needs to be more transparent, and certainly needs someone with a stern hand overseeing them, and our Currency Dictator, Bernanke.

·
I'm kind of a big deal
5,243 Posts
Seriously the best news I have heard in some time. :righton:

·
Registered
4,226 Posts
Thumbs up to Paul wanting to audit and make public the assets of the Fed. Thumbs down to his desire to end the Fed.

·
Registered
425 Posts
I hope all of Bernanke's hair falls out when Ron's done with the Fed.

·
Registered
4,543 Posts
Thorsen said:
Thumbs up to Paul wanting to audit and make public the assets of the Fed. Thumbs down to his desire to end the Fed.
Why? The Fed isn't authorized by the Constitution, and they have drove the dollar into the ground. Why would you want them to stick around?

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
rankhornjp said:
Thorsen said:
Why? The Fed isn't authorized by the Constitution, and they have drove the dollar into the ground. Why would you want them to stick around?
Quite frankly, if an audit is done (and we know Paul will make it public), he won't have to push to end the fed, the people will.

·
Banned
7,204 Posts
rankhornjp said:
Thorsen said:
He likes the idea of central, supreme, and unchecked entities.

·
Registered
4,226 Posts
JiG said:
rankhornjp said:
Thorsen said:
Nice, but not quite correct. Unlike others, I appreciate what a fiat currency and a strong federal reserve have done to improve our long term economic position. I would point at the facts, but I have done that numerous times on this board only to be ignored. So instead I will just tell you to continue ignoring the facts as they do not fit with your world view.

See, I can play that game too. :)

·
Banned
7,204 Posts
Thorsen said:
JiG said:
rankhornjp said:
Thorsen said:
Nice, but not quite correct. Unlike others, I appreciate what a fiat currency and a strong federal reserve have done to improve our long term economic position. I would point at the facts, but I have done that numerous times on this board only to be ignored. So instead I will just tell you to continue ignoring the facts as they do not fit with your world view.

See, I can play that game too. :)
Did you say something? Sorry, I wasn't listening.... to you that is. You're always cherry picking your "facts" to make your own world view then you run around saying others do it. Then when you run out of "facts" to support your view, or have no facts to begin with, you resort to character assassination. I've seen this movie before, it ends the same way. Sorry bro, when you point your finger you have 3 pointing back at you.

·
Registered
4,226 Posts
I'd like to see how JiG can support his claim of "cherry picking" the facts, when the facts clearly show longer periods of economic growth with shorter periods of economic contraction under a fiat system versus a commodity based currency. Care to educate us all JiG? Or going to stick with one-liners?

·
Banned
7,204 Posts
Thorsen said:
I'd like to see how JiG can support his claim of "cherry picking" the facts, when the facts clearly show longer periods of economic growth with shorter periods of economic contraction under a fiat system versus a commodity based currency. Care to educate us all JiG? Or going to stick with one-liners?
Why should I bother with you? In your words, you are "dismissive" of me.

If someone wants me to explain, they can ask themselves and I will gladly explain. Otherwise, no. I'm not wasting my time with you. One liners and zingers it is.

·
Registered
875 Posts
JiG said:
Thorsen said:

If someone wants me to explain, they can ask themselves and I will gladly explain. Otherwise, no. I'm not wasting my time with you. One liners and zingers it is.
I'll play. Could you explain JiG?
I really have no idea what the Fed is for or what they do.

·
Banned
7,204 Posts
Campeck1911 said:
JiG said:
Thorsen said:

I'll play. Could you explain JiG?
I really have no idea what the Fed is for or what they do.
I'm not here to play.

Start here if you absolutely know nothing about the Fed: Why the Founders Rejected a Central Bank

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Well, whatever you (collective) may think about the Fed, we all know what Ron Paul thinks about it. This should turn out very interesting.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts