Ron Paul to Lead Panel Overseeing Central Bank.

Discussion in 'Off-topic Political' started by Deek, Dec 10, 2010.

1. Deek

Deek Active Member

Oh man, this is the news of the year for me!

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2010-12-0 ... panel.html

2. EJR914

EJR914 Cheezburger Operator

Yeah, when I heard this a couple weeks ago that he was in the running to oversee the panel, I was really excited.

Is it official yet? Is he officially leading the panel now?

3. Deek

Deek Active Member

Yes sir!

4. EJR914

EJR914 Cheezburger Operator

:woohoo:

Finally some common sense and principle will be applied to our Central Bank. I feel very comfortable with Ron Paul overseeing the panel.

Its really poetic justice for the Central Bank. After all, Ron Paul wants the Fed finally audited, and eventually wants it ended.

I hope he is able to do something. Our Central Bank certainly needs to be more transparent, and certainly needs someone with a stern hand overseeing them, and our Currency Dictator, Bernanke.

5. BSCLibertarian

BSCLibertarian I'm kind of a big deal

Seriously the best news I have heard in some time. :righton:

6. Thorsen

Thorsen New Member

Thumbs up to Paul wanting to audit and make public the assets of the Fed. Thumbs down to his desire to end the Fed.

7. gogriz91

gogriz91 New Member

I hope all of Bernanke's hair falls out when Ron's done with the Fed.

8. rankhornjp

rankhornjp Active Member

Why? The Fed isn't authorized by the Constitution, and they have drove the dollar into the ground. Why would you want them to stick around?

9. Deek

Deek Active Member

Quite frankly, if an audit is done (and we know Paul will make it public), he won't have to push to end the fed, the people will.

10. JiG

JiG Awaiting censure

He likes the idea of central, supreme, and unchecked entities.

11. Thorsen

Thorsen New Member

Nice, but not quite correct. Unlike others, I appreciate what a fiat currency and a strong federal reserve have done to improve our long term economic position. I would point at the facts, but I have done that numerous times on this board only to be ignored. So instead I will just tell you to continue ignoring the facts as they do not fit with your world view.

See, I can play that game too. :)

12. JiG

JiG Awaiting censure

Did you say something? Sorry, I wasn't listening.... to you that is. You're always cherry picking your "facts" to make your own world view then you run around saying others do it. Then when you run out of "facts" to support your view, or have no facts to begin with, you resort to character assassination. I've seen this movie before, it ends the same way. Sorry bro, when you point your finger you have 3 pointing back at you.

13. Thorsen

Thorsen New Member

I'd like to see how JiG can support his claim of "cherry picking" the facts, when the facts clearly show longer periods of economic growth with shorter periods of economic contraction under a fiat system versus a commodity based currency. Care to educate us all JiG? Or going to stick with one-liners?

14. JiG

JiG Awaiting censure

Why should I bother with you? In your words, you are "dismissive" of me.

If someone wants me to explain, they can ask themselves and I will gladly explain. Otherwise, no. I'm not wasting my time with you. One liners and zingers it is.

15. Campeck1911

Campeck1911 New Member

I'll play. Could you explain JiG?
    I really have no idea what the Fed is for or what they do.

16. JiG

JiG Awaiting censure

I'm not here to play.

Start here if you absolutely know nothing about the Fed: Why the Founders Rejected a Central Bank

17. dunkel

dunkel New Member

Well, whatever you (collective) may think about the Fed, we all know what Ron Paul thinks about it. This should turn out very interesting.

18. JiG

JiG Awaiting censure

19. Campeck1911

Campeck1911 New Member

watching and reading.

Thorsen do you have anything to show me too?