Romney, self-described lifelong hunter, has hunted on two oc

Discussion in 'National Laws, Bills and Politics' started by GAGunOwner, Apr 5, 2007.

1. GAGunOwner

GAGunOwner Active Member

http://www.sltrib.com/ci_5592560?source=rss

2. GAGunOwner

GAGunOwner Active Member

Okay, I'll admit it. I've never went hunting.

3. Tinkerhell

Tinkerhell Active Member

Re: Romney, self-described lifelong hunter, has hunted on tw

:?:
    I guess those were some damn big rabits that he needed to shoot em 4-5 times to take em down. Must be a texas thing. I know they grow everything bigger out there but all the rabbits here in Georgia (that I've ever seen) fell over PDQ if you pop em in the head or body with .22LR regardless of what it came out of.

4. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

I've gone deer hunting before, woke up early in the morning and was there before sun up. Light rain all day, stayed in about the 40s the entire morning. Didn't see a thing.

No sir, I didn't like it.

5. glockgirl

glockgirl Guest

I'm too ADD for hunting.... Can't sit still that long.

6. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Go west, where you get to hike and look for the animals and not see any other hunters . . .

7. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

A friend who is a strict vegan and supporter of P.E.T.A. tried to tell me that hunting and eating meat was cruel to animals. I told her that if God didn't want me to eat animals, that he wouldn't make them taste so good. I also told her that I fully support People Eating Tasty Animals. :twisted:
    She got really mad when we were going to Memphis State together. She was a vet major and said that she wanted to the vet that works for a farm. I said, "Oh, you want to be the person that makes sure cows grow big enough for carnivors like me to get plenty of steaks and Quarter Pounders from them."

8. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

I've never been hunting. I'd like to go sometime, but no one has ever taken me.

9. Malum Prohibitum

I never got anything until people quit taking me, and I went out in the woods by myself . . .

With that having been said, I much prefer hunting in the wilderness of the west than in the food plots of the east.

10. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

Isn't Romney supposed to be Sean Hannity's radio show this evening?

11. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

I'd like to learn the fundamentals before I step out on my own.

12. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

if it is moving, lead the target,
    if it is standing still, aim at the target
    Don't shoot the things in the bright orange vests
    follow the 4 safety rules

13. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

At the barn where my daughter stables her horse outside of Adairsville, there were signs all over durring deer season. They were warning riders to wear bright colors and to be VERY mindful of hunters while trail riding. There were also signs saying NOT to leave horses unattended in th epastures. Appearently the season before, a horse that was in a pasture at the edge of the woods was shot and killed.

14. tony218

tony218 New Member

i saw something several years ago where farmers were
    painting in big letters on their cows: COW so the hunters
    wouldn't think it was a deer

15. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

...I know how to shoot. I don't know how to hunt.

16. Dan H

Dan H New Member

I really dont know why Romneys hunting experience is such a big deal. He is a great candidate for president, is well spoken and has a lot of good ideas. IMHO

17. Malum Prohibitum

Well, it is more a question of integrity, in my mind. He claimed to be a lifelong hunter. Therefore, he made his experience an issue. In this case, it is an issue of honesty.

Likewise, he claimed to support the Second Amendment, but he has previously supported gun control. He was not a member of the NRA but bought in as a life member when deciding to run for President. My principles are not for sale so easily.

I don't think the man is principled, which precludes him from being a good candidate, in my mind.

18. Mike from Philly

Mike from Philly New Member

“Deadly assault weapons have no place in Massachusetts,†Romney said, at a bill signing ceremony on July 1 with legislators, sportsmen’s groups and gun safety advocates. “These guns are not made for recreation or self-defense. They are instruments of destruction with the sole purpose of hunting down and killing people.â€

http://www.iberkshires.com/story.php?story_id=14812

This wasn't from 10 years ago, it was 3. America get ready to turn in your AR's and mags over 10 rounds.

19. Malum Prohibitum

Exactly. And no repentance for it, either.

20. Malum Prohibitum

I only heard part of it. It was mostly "I support the troops" type boring banter.

Anybody hear more of it?