Rome Gun Show Sept 25-26

Discussion in 'GENERAL EVENTS' started by GooberTim, Sep 20, 2010.

1. GooberTim

GooberTim New Member

GeorgiaCarry.Org needs help from members in NW Georgia this coming weekend at the Forum Civic Center in Rome. Eastman Gun Shows has once again given GCO a table at the show and we need happy faces to man (or wo-man) the table so we can continue to grow! We can accomplish more with more members, so come on out and spend a couple of hours talking with your neighbors and make sure they know who's been the catalyst for all the changes in our gun laws!

Please contact Owen Hoffpauir - [email protected] and let him know when you can help.

We can't do what we do without selfless acts from volunteers. If you're enjoying your new-found ability to carry a firearm legally in more places, or if you're one of many who had a ridiculous lifetime disqualifier removed, please consider helping the organization that has worked hard to return these freedoms to you. WE HAVE LOTS MORE TO DO!

MAP :D http://maps.google.com/maps?oe=utf-8&cl ... 9&t=h&z=16

2. The Chili Pros

The Chili Pros New Member

3. The Chili Pros

Folks,
    I am planning to help out this weekend. I have read the rules of the volunteers and understand for the most part what I am going out to do.
    I can hold my own in a discussion and understand that if I dont know the answer, the answer would be "I dont know but I will find out"

Being a cheerleader for GCO should be pretty easy these days since passage of 308. What are some weird questions or situations you guys have encountered?
    I guess what I am asking is, do we stand and wait for someone to drop by or try to get them to stop? (I had a fair/carney vendor image)
    I appreciate you guys sharing your experiances on this

On another note, I see we are 6000 strong, when was GCO started?
    I have seen some of the other threads about we are free to carry our weapons to other places, why not gun shows? I dont think I have read a definative answer yet
    Thanks guys, I just want to go into this with as much info as I can

4. Gunfixer69

Gunfixer69 New Member

You can carry to the gunshow but you're gun will be ziptied upon entry rendering the weapon useless. It was explained to me as an insurance regulation by due to the fact there have been numerous negligent discharges at gunshows throughout the country. Hope this helps.

5. The Chili Pros

Thanks Gunfixer,
    I understand that part now.

6. elandil

elandil Redneck Engineer

Most of what I encountered last show I worked was a lot of questions involving the Church Carry debate.
    Weirdest question has to be the guy who wanted a straight, clear cut, black-and-white answer to what gco's future plans were...

Basic sales/customer service approach. Anyone coming near the table gets a greeting.

4 years ago. I'm gonna try to bring some literature sat morning that will help explain what GCO has done in the 4 years since it's inception.

It's a fun experience. You get to meet a lot of great people, and the time really does fly by.

7. The Chili Pros

elandil,
    Great info. I will be there Saturday at 08:30 to help Owen set up. I look forward to meeting you guys.

8. budder

budder Moderator Staff Member

I don't speak for GCO, but I imagine it's something like this.

9. The Chili Pros

Super Super fun today. If you guys have not volunteered for one of these, please do. As others have said, the time flies thru the day, i got there at 08:30 and the next time I looked up it was 1pm.
    I only had one guy try and test me on GCO knowledge, I handed the man off to Owen and he sealed the deal. (Great work by all who helped)

On another note, we need name tags for the folks working the booth, I had a couple of guys write my name down today. I am a hoping it was because of the great customer service they received.
    I look forward to getting my wife involved in these and us tag teaming a few shows a year

10. The Chili Pros

Just a FYI,
    Owen and his gang of misfits, we signed up 28 new members last weekend and I was their weekest link. I wonder what is a record for a two day sign up? I am sure it is more than our 28?
    I have always been a betting man and I love some gentleman bets. You folks give me another outing to enhance my sign up skills and I would be willing to come up with some friendly competition wagers against our NW GA crew VS ???
    Just throwing it out and seeing where it may stick?? NW GA understands you city folks, if your skeered, just say skeered. :righton:

Owen and Elandil, you guys are the best, Thanks for letting me learn from the Masters

11. GooberTim

GooberTim New Member

Way to go everyone! That's a terrific weekend and we couldn't do it without you volunteers!!

:righton: :D :cheers: :woohoo: