Roller Coasters

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by gsusnake, Jul 2, 2007.

1. gsusnake

gsusnake Token Liberal Hippie

So I just spent a week pissing away about $1100 driving around, riding roller coasters.

First stop was Six Flags in New Jersey, rode Kingda Ka (tallest, fastest in the world, at 128 mph and 428 ft). I stood in line for over an hour 4 different times... best ride ever.

Next stop was Busch Gardens Williamsburg, stopped in to visit some family and rode everything there. Loads of fun.

Next stop was Cedar Point in Sandusky, OH. Man... if you're a coaster freak like I am that place is Mecca.

Final stop was at Carowinds in South Carolina. Nice park, crappy rides.

Any other adrenaline junkies out there?

and yes, I know EXACTLY how many guns/how much ammo all that could have bought.

2. tace

tace New Member

Hate to break this to you but you could have done this http://www.aircombatusa.com/ and pulled about 4-5gs if you were aggresive and after about 45 minutes of that no rollercoaster would ever be the same.

3. gsusnake

gsusnake Token Liberal Hippie

HOLY CRAP.

That'll be next year. Thanks. :D

4. cdtracing

cdtracing New Member

The family and I did Bush Gardens in Tampa last week, the rides were better than Six Flags here in GA. But Wedensday was the best thrill ride. We rented an 18' ski boat and was crusing up and down the intercoastal when we got caught in a severe thunder storm. 35+ MPH winds, lightning, and 4+ foot swells comming over the bow. For about 10-15 minutes we couldn't see 10 feet out from the boat. Now that will get your addrenaline pumping.

I do agree with the tace, I did a back seat in an A-4 Skyhawk in the Marines and there ain't no coaster can match that.

Chris

5. spam_can

spam_can New Member

Yep, coasters are tame compared to aerobatics;

We were in 2 local club (Wings of War & Valiant Air Command) for a lot of years. Got up in a whole lot of aircraft others dream about. This was in the mid-late 80's, though, before the costs of fuel, insurance and other operating costs went through the roof.
    Coolest one was a prime T-33 with an ex Navy fighter pilot. What a day, not straight and level except for take-off roll and on final approach.

Only coaster I've ever ridden was the Kraken at Sea World. Spent 8 months working out there on the coaster for an engineering company, and they had a "contractor day" when complete. Pretty cool, but it's attached to the ground.