Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any Rohrbaugh fans here? I have been thinking of picking up an R9s Stealth from them. Anyone have any experience with them here? Any issues?

Thanks!

-B

·
16,485 Posts
I'm a big fan of the specs, but the price is so prohibitive that I've never gotten a chance to pick one up. From what I've read of other owners, it's a great concealment gun, but due to the size and relatively large caliber, it can be hard to control. Have you fired similar pocket guns?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Actually I have fired a couple R9's and love them. They are very well made, and are pretty nice in the hand. My big concern with small pistols is how often to replace parts and how much those parts will cost me. I have no problem paying for a nice concealable pocket pistol that I know will not fail me when I need it, but I don't want something that I can't take to the range to practice with because parts have to be replaced every 300 rounds.

That is my only hesitancy in getting one. I currently carry a G27 IWB and have no problems with it, but when in a suit I need something that will slip into a pocket if needed.

-B

·
Under Scrutiny
19,386 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,126 Posts
After the disaster of the R51 I would not immediately run out and buy this one.
Unless they redesigned it (the Rohrbaugh not the R51 which was a dreadful design to begin with), I don't know how that would be a factor?

·
Registered
993 Posts
I have a Rohrbaugh that is in my pocket every day of the week. It replaced a PM9 Kahr and a P380 Kahr for concealment as a backup gun. If you are used to shooting pocket rockets, they are a very nice little pistol to shoot and surprisingly accurate and are the equal of pistols much larger in accuracy and they also offer a double strike capability as they are hammer fired.

If I ever have to get down to just one concealed pistol to carry everywhere, no doubt it would be this little joker.... As far as size goes, it is exactly the same size as a Kahr P380 and shoots std 9mm rounds (no +P loads for this light of a slide).

Edit: Remington did buy out Rohrbaugh, shut down production and is supposedly moving production to their plant in the Carolina's. I hope they leave things alone and produce the pistol as they are without any "improvements"....

·
Under Scrutiny
19,386 Posts

·
Under Scrutiny
19,386 Posts
PSA now has them after rebate at $99

1 - 10 of 10 Posts