Rohrbaugh

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by Croe, Oct 25, 2007.

1. Croe

Croe Guest

Any Rohrbaugh fans here? I have been thinking of picking up an R9s Stealth from them. Anyone have any experience with them here? Any issues?

Thanks!

-B

2. budder

budder Moderator Staff Member

I'm a big fan of the specs, but the price is so prohibitive that I've never gotten a chance to pick one up. From what I've read of other owners, it's a great concealment gun, but due to the size and relatively large caliber, it can be hard to control. Have you fired similar pocket guns?

3. zookeper

zookeper Active Member

ditto, they're expensive and i've heard they're a beast to shoot, definitely not a range gun. i have a 38 s&w thats all the bug i need, i also think a small wheelgun is better as bug than an auto anyhow.

4. Croe

Croe Guest

Actually I have fired a couple R9's and love them. They are very well made, and are pretty nice in the hand. My big concern with small pistols is how often to replace parts and how much those parts will cost me. I have no problem paying for a nice concealable pocket pistol that I know will not fail me when I need it, but I don't want something that I can't take to the range to practice with because parts have to be replaced every 300 rounds.

That is my only hesitancy in getting one. I currently carry a G27 IWB and have no problems with it, but when in a suit I need something that will slip into a pocket if needed.

-B

5. mountainpass

mountainpass Under Scrutiny

6. mountainpass

7. Archangel

Archangel Moderator Staff Member

Unless they redesigned it (the Rohrbaugh not the R51 which was a dreadful design to begin with), I don't know how that would be a factor?

8. GeorgiaHybrid

GeorgiaHybrid Member

I have a Rohrbaugh that is in my pocket every day of the week. It replaced a PM9 Kahr and a P380 Kahr for concealment as a backup gun. If you are used to shooting pocket rockets, they are a very nice little pistol to shoot and surprisingly accurate and are the equal of pistols much larger in accuracy and they also offer a double strike capability as they are hammer fired.

If I ever have to get down to just one concealed pistol to carry everywhere, no doubt it would be this little joker.... As far as size goes, it is exactly the same size as a Kahr P380 and shoots std 9mm rounds (no +P loads for this light of a slide).

Edit: Remington did buy out Rohrbaugh, shut down production and is supposedly moving production to their plant in the Carolina's. I hope they leave things alone and produce the pistol as they are without any "improvements"....

Last edited: Apr 8, 2015
  9. mountainpass

They are offering a $100 rebate on them now. I saw one after rebate for $139. I still think the LCP at $169 from PSA(or $179 local at Cherokee gun) is a hell of a buy.

10. mountainpass

PSA now has them after rebate at $99