Member Georgia Carry
12,602 Posts

·
Romans 10:13
4,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
10 key quotes from Justice Alito's opinion overturning Roe v. Wade | Fox News

One of his quotes.

"Not only was there no support for such a constitutional right until shortly before Roe, but abortion had long been a crime in every single State. At common law, abortion was criminal in at least some stages of pregnancy and was regarded as unlawful and could have very serious consequences at all stages. American law followed the common law until a wave of statutory restrictions in the 1800s expanded criminal liability for abortions. By the time of the adoption of the Fourteenth Amendment, three-quarters of the States had made abortion a crime at any stage of pregnancy, and the remaining States would soon follow. "

·
Romans 10:13
4,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Could one of our attorneys here explain Justice Roberts' concurrence opinion? Exactly what does that mean?

·
7 Year Member
491 Posts
I'd never support killing babies which this is about.

·
Deplorable bitter clinger.
5,986 Posts
Message to the leftists going insane right now:

Abortion has not been banned.

That is all. Carry on...

• Haha
Reactions: Malum Prohibitum

·
7 Year Member
491 Posts
Message to the leftists going insane right now:

Abortion has not been banned.
I call it killing of babies.

I think GA may allow the death of the fetus before the 8th week (two months pregnant). This is before the poor guy has a noticeable heart beat.

After 2 months the baby has a heart beat and is a human being..

I say pull out to avoid the pregnancy..

Reactions: Schweisshund

·
Lawyer and Gun Activist
29,474 Posts
I don't think you can call it a separate human being --distinct from the mother --until it has reached a certain stage of development, not conception. At conception it's only a potential human being. Set on the path to getting there.

Reactions: 45_Fan

·
Lawyer and Gun Activist
29,474 Posts
And more importantly, from a "CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS" perspective,

I don't think any of the founding fathers or their contemporaries or the citizens of America of the first generation would've considered a days-old collection of cells to be a person.

If you think an embryo should be considered a person for the purposes of the law and constitutional rights and liberties, then go lobby for a "right to life amendment" and get it ratified by a super majority of the states.

·
7 Year Member
491 Posts
..I don't think you can call it a separate human being --distinct from the mother --until it has reached a certain stage of development, not conception. At conception it's only a potential human being. Set on the path to getting there.
At what point is it good to kill the fetus/baby?

·
Man of Myth and Legend
17,865 Posts
Its not good in your context. But until it can live on its own, without required physical attachment to another person, it is not a separate being and possesses no individual rights.

Nemo

Reactions: 45_Fan

·
7 Year Member
491 Posts
Its not good in your context. But until it can live on its own, without required physical attachment to another person, it is not a separate being and possesses no individual rights.

Nemo
Are you saying that any birth child can be quickly killed if Mom or Dad says "Kill them"?

1 - 20 of 105 Posts