1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Under Scrutiny
19,384 Posts
The 11:00 news said the victim was cut.

·
Registered
5,194 Posts
Thank heavens that unlike at GT where he likely would have been just another statistic, this guy was actually able to successfully defend his life while when it mattered most. I hope he is able to move forward with his life in the aftermath.

ETA: AJC has no mention at all of the victim being a tech student nor that he had just completed exams. Hmmm. I suppose that the powers that be wouldn't want to sow the seed of an idea that there is an alternative for students to begging for mercy and submitting to violent aggression when attacked? Naah...there's no agenda there.

UPDATE: According to a friend of the robbery victim who came to pick up the victim's car after investigators were finished with the crime scene analysis, the victim had come to the Ingles grocery store to get some orange juice after finishing his last final exam.

The victim, a 23-year-old student at Georgia Tech who had just completed his associate's degree, had a concealed carry permit and had a gun with him, said the friend.

http://www.rockdalenews.com/section/1/article/4923/

·
Under Scrutiny
19,384 Posts
moga said:
ETA: AJC has no mention at all of the victim being a tech student nor that he had just completed exams. Hmmm. I suppose that the powers that be wouldn't want to sow the seed of an idea that there is an alternative for students to begging for mercy and submitting to violent aggression when attacked? Naah...there's no agenda there.
Also no mention that he was licensed.

Tote
To
Live

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
Don't bring a knife to a gunfight. :)

[Can't believe I was able to slip this in first.]

·
Registered
314 Posts
Excellent work Rockdale, one less bad guy running around.
I am assuming Ingles is a gun friendly place?

·
Registered
28 Posts
It's a shame our world has become battle field between those who live with
dignity and respect and those who steal without remorse.It's a shame the victim
only killed the one of the BG's.
I hope the one who got away realizes he's living on borrowed time unless he has a major
life change...IMHO :(

·
Under Scrutiny
19,384 Posts
yxhpxfw said:
I am assuming Ingles is a gun friendly place?
No problems in mine. Of course he could of been cc.

·
Under Scrutiny
19,384 Posts
wsbtv
Taylor said his friend pulled the trigger because he had to.

“He retaliated in self-defense. Good guy, never violent,†said Taylor.
Did he say [pulled the trigger]? Or did he say what is in quotes?

·
Registered
455 Posts
I love my Ingles...in Centerville off of Centerville Hwy. It is one of the few places that I OC all of the time. I know all of the management staff by name......they are very pro gun......I have had conversations with their associates about gun carrying...types of guns etc......After the shooting that took place a few month's back in Ingles...I know my Ingles always feels a little bit better when I come in CC or OC.....my son shops there also who always OC'd there...and now that he is a Deputy Dawg.....they really enjoy his presence when he is in the store...
My grocery allegiance is Ingles......

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
There's a commune of Section 8 housing within 1/4 mile of Ingle's. Also lots of shopping and a major day-care.

This story is supposed to be showcased on Armed American Radio tonight.

Quiet Conyers is becoming quite the shooting gallery. Just last week I taught a couple at church all the hoops to jump through to purchase and carry a firearm; the wife bought a snubbie the following day for purse carry. Two weeks ago a long-time friend and owner of a local fast food restaurant told me how he just got his GWL and was carrying a G19 in the small of his back under his uniform ... and was looking to join GCO.

Now we wait to see if Sheriff Wigington gives him a citation ... or a medal.

What if this carjacking had happened at Hartsfield? :)

·
Under Scrutiny
19,384 Posts

·
Registered
4,521 Posts
I was one of the responding units. I'll give details when the investigation is closed. As you can imagine, the news does not have all the little details, but this was definitely a case of self defense.

Good guy w/ 357mag - 1

Bad guy - 0

·
I may be slow, but I sure am ugly
1,221 Posts
In the past, it wasn't unusual to see a Rockdale County Deputy sitting in the parking lot in the evening at this Ingle's. I used to work the 4 - midnight shift a few doors down, and occassionally got Chinese carry-out in the same shopping center. And my company refuses to allow employees to have weapons in their cars in the parking lot (using the federal contractor exception). Good for the Tech student, glad he was prepared and will be okay.

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
A couple of years ago the Kroger on GA138/20 @ Flat Shoals started having a Rental Ninjas (wearing an official 'Security' t-shirt) hang out late nights on the weekends ... completely unarmed. Now I've noticed the Ninja Team is there even during daylight hours. They're not paying those salaries for no reason, either their insurance is requiring it or they're getting nervous.

·
Registered
4,521 Posts
timbrubaker said:
In the past, it wasn't unusual to see a Rockdale County Deputy sitting in the parking lot in the evening at this Ingle's. I used to work the 4 - midnight shift a few doors down, and occassionally got Chinese carry-out in the same shopping center. And my company refuses to allow employees to have weapons in their cars in the parking lot (using the federal contractor exception). Good for the Tech student, glad he was prepared and will be okay.
We still have people work side jobs at that location. The one working last night had literally just pulled in to the parking lot when it happened. The victim/shooter approached the deputy and explained the situation.

·
Registered
10,667 Posts
for those of you too young to remember, or weren't paying attention, Kroger was sued after a UGA CoEd was kidnapped, raped, etc, at the Eastside Kroger in Athens.
Part of the settlement agreement was that Kroger would have security at their stores during peak, nighttime hours at least.
MOST Kroger stores (including ours) hire off duty LE to perform it, but it isn't required.

·
Registered
10,667 Posts
for those of you too young to remember, or weren't paying attention, Kroger was sued after a UGA CoEd was kidnapped, raped, etc, at the Eastside Kroger in Athens.
Part of the settlement agreement was that Kroger would have security at their stores during peak, nighttime hours at least.
MOST Kroger stores (including ours) hire off duty LE to perform it, but it isn't required.

1 - 20 of 85 Posts