rock island cs

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by mach1950, Jan 3, 2011.

1. mach1950

mach1950 New Member

i purchased a rock island cs (compact model) over the weekend , does anyone know where i can purchase extra rock island magazines my colt magazine will go in but will not fee.

2. Hunley

Hunley Active Member

3. mach1950

mach1950 New Member

found answer to my question gunclips.net has rock island magazines

4. Puffyfish

Puffyfish New Member

THIS X 1000!^^^^ If it's a compact use the 'officers' model 6 round mags from Wilson.
    Your attempt to buy RI is futile, why buy crap that may fail when Wilson is the proper choice.
    Wilson is the number one brand for everything you need on a 1911. :righton:

5. Quest50

Quest50 Active Member

Yeah, the rock island magazines aren't terribly reliable. Seriously, if you're going to be using this weapon for self defense you should invest in some good magazines... ie: wilson combat. I've had good experiences with mec-gar magazines as well.

6. Hughduffel

Hughduffel Member

The magazines that came with my RI CS were ACT-mag, which I understood were made by Novak, and I haven't had any problem with them myself.

7. BSCLibertarian

BSCLibertarian I'm kind of a big deal

+1

match1950, if it runs reliably w/ the "factory" mag then get one just like it and make sure it's reliable with that one as well. I have bought and borrowed different mags for mine (a GI Model) and it seems to be most reliable w/ the "factory" mag (an 8 round Novak) or 7 round gov't surplus mags. YMMV

Let me know what you find out as you shoot it. I am thinking about one as my next purchase. :righton:

8. Quest50

Quest50 Active Member

ACT mags are hit and miss. Mine doesn't run reliably at all.

Why take the chance when there are magazines on the market that work darn near 100 percent of the time... as opposed to ACT's track record of "60 percent of the time, it works EVERY time."

9. Suburbbus

Suburbbus Well-Known Member

I had a CS model like the one you just bought. It came with an 8 rd ACT mag which was not reliable at all. I bought a 6 rd Colt and a 7 rd Kimber mag to replace the ACT and they did still have problems off and on.

Bought 3 of the 7 rd Wilson Combat mags and that was the end of the problems. I bought an American Tactical Titan last week at Patrick's in Savannah and am using them with the new gun. Sold the CS last weekend and sent the Colt and Kimber mags with it.

Buy the Wilson, you won't regret it.

10. Campeck1911

Campeck1911 New Member

interesting

I have a full size RI and the ONLY mags that have functioned reliably are the automag's ( I think) that come with the gun.

11. dcannon1

dcannon1 New Member

Wilsons and Chip McCormicks are what I've had the best luck with in all the 1911s I've owned.