Robbery Victim Opens Fire!

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Malum Prohibitum, Nov 11, 2005.

1. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Well, I could not find a news story on this one, but apparently two young black males with guns thought it would be a good idea yesterday to go into Shannon Mall in Union City and try to rob a jewelry store.

They picked the wrong store.

The unassuming shopkeeper inside pulled a gun and fired. A short shootout ensued, nobody was hit, and the two robbers fled. They were seen leaving in a car, and, after a very short chase, rolled their vehicle. Not having had time to buckle theur seat belts, they were both ejected from the vehicle and "broken up" (I am just saying it as it was related to me). They survived.

John has some more info, I think.

2. Malum Prohibitum

Well, I have received updates from two members of this board who have not posted here to correct my obvious errors.

"Yeah, I was going to call you this morning and tell you 2 were actually shot and one had a collapsed lung. We went and met B. and H. for dinner Saturday evening and they gave me the scoop. Apparently the video from the mall cameras is very interesting, too. B. said people were diving for cover every where. They had a drive by shooting also with five hit just the other night and according to H. another suspected homicide they had just worked before they came to eat with us. That place is getting very wild. There is a new gang called the 29 boys operating in South Fulton County according to H."

Named have been changed . . .

Another member of this board :

"4 males enter jewelry store. spray pepper spray at everybody.Owner turns away runs to back office . Bad guys start shooting, wife drops to floor for cover. Owner returns armed and returns fire.( I GUESS HIS STORE WILL DO RETURNS) Strikes 1 in upper chest bullet enters left lung,2 turns to run takes one in the ass. All flee.UCPD chases car down flatsholls car wrecks ejecting 2. All 4 go to Grady 1 on ventlator( AFTER BEING VENTLATED). No good guys hurt. I LOVE IT!!!!"

3. Malum Prohibitum

You'll have to forgive the joyous celebrations. I have a rather aggressive group of friends. :lol:

4. thebugman

thebugman New Member

Couldn't have happened to a better group of people. I bet that if it was on the news, the one on a ventilator would be a "Honor" student etc....

Good for the store owner. I love to hear stories like this, because I would do the exact same thing. Only difference is I wouldn't be running to the office to get my gun.