Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

Robber Shot 14 Times

630 views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  ptsmith24 
#1 ·
#8 ·
ls1ssdavid said:
14 times even with a 9mm i'm supprised he could even run away. Good on the property owners for defending themselfs.
drugs...or a bad shot. said he fired that many times, not "hit"

either way, hat's off to the store owner for protecting him and his.

#9 ·
ptsmith24 said:
wsweeks2 said:
He even had a spare mag. +1 on that.
I have a spare mag, but I don't carry it everywhere. I guess it just depends on where I'm going. But then again maybe I should have it because you never know.
spare mag is more important for the possibility of a failure than actually using the extra rounds. even so, multiple BG home invasions and gangs make the possibility of firing a large number of rounds a growing possibility.

#10 ·
phaed said:
ptsmith24 said:
wsweeks2 said:
He even had a spare mag. +1 on that.
I have a spare mag, but I don't carry it everywhere. I guess it just depends on where I'm going. But then again maybe I should have it because you never know.
spare mag is more important for the possibility of a failure than actually using the extra rounds. even so, multiple BG home invasions and gangs make the possibility of firing a large number of rounds a growing possibility.
Very good point. Carrying extra ammo isn't always because someone's paranoid - things always seem to go bad at the worst possible time. It's sometimes easier to drop a mag and reload when a FTF happens than to mess around with it.

#11 ·
phaed said:
ls1ssdavid said:
14 times even with a 9mm i'm supprised he could even run away. Good on the property owners for defending themselfs.
drugs...or a bad shot. said he fired that many times, not "hit"

either way, hat's off to the store owner for protecting him and his.
He also could have hit him in non vital places like a hand his rear (think Forrest Gump).

I also wonder what type of ammo he was using, FMJ vs. hollowpoints. FMJs tend to make holes but sometimes take some time before incapacitating.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.