road rage shooting between UC LEO & CCW permit hold

Discussion in 'In the News' started by AeroShooter, Jun 10, 2007.

1. AeroShooter

AeroShooter New Member

2. AeroShooter

AeroShooter New Member

oops

whoops, sorry for the repeat... did not read down far enough in the retired-LEO thread to realize that this story had been mentioned already.

(mods, feel free to delete if you like)

:oops:

3. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

Even if he did identify himself as an officer, does that absolve him of 1. being an idiot and; 2. needing a few extra ventilation holes for acting like an ass?

Just because someone has a badge doesn't mean they get to point firearms at wive's heads as a result of traffic disputes.

Sound like this officer learned an important life lesson...the hard way.

4. legacy38

legacy38 Active Member

I don't think that this is the same incident as the one with the retired officer also discussed in this section.

5. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

Nope, this is a different shooting.

6. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

Dang. What are the chances? :shock:

7. legacy38

legacy38 Active Member

So, these two guys gave each other the one-finger salute and at a traffic light, the officer jumps out and breaks leather only to get ventilated?

If that is truly the way it happened (I don't trust media reports) it appears to be a good shoot. I'd like to know more about what transpired during the dispute before they reached the traffic light, but purely from reading the article it doesn't appear the officer had a legitimate reason to pull his weapon.

8. Sine Nomen

Sine Nomen New Member

I'm inclined to agree. Someone a. shouts nasty words, b. waves nasty gestures, c. approaches my car, and d. points a gun at my wife, WILL be a ballistics dummy or a speed bump.

9. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

Why not both? 8)

10. Sine Nomen

Sine Nomen New Member

Because I really don't want to kill anyone, even if they are stupid and dangerous.

11. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

Because I really don't want to kill anyone, even if they are stupid and dangerous.[/quote:1ijwcllt]

I know what you mean. No one wants to, but if the situation justifies it and you have no choice...

12. GunCrazed

GunCrazed New Member

That cop deserved it... plain & simple. Glad he didn't kill him, but I bet that officer's roadrage will be subsided for a long time.

13. maddog

maddog New Member

either that or the next headlines will be about routine traffic stop results in drivers death .... due to officer shooting as exiting his car .... or "execution for running stop sigh"

14. GunCrazed

GunCrazed New Member

That's true... the incident could have made the chip on the officer's shoulder a little bit bigger.

15. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Not that this is relevant.

I hope there were some unbiased witnesses, but the fact that they released the shooter when the officer is able to give his side of the story leads me to believe that it is probably a good shoot. Most agencies won't just release a cop-shooter if the facts are up in the air.

There are very few circumstances I can imagine where a police officer ought to draw his gun in a traffic dispute.

16. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

:lol:

17. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Come on guys, some of us have to wait for DVD.

18. AeroShooter

AeroShooter New Member

Total Non-Spoiler... we all knew Phil would get it... and words just can not do the scene justice.

So sorry you have to wait for the DVD (used to do that)... look on the bright side: you can block out a day and create your own little Soprano's immersion camp.

:)