Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Member Georgia Carry
11,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a buddy who lives in Alabama, but he travels often to Georgia.

He has come up with a fantastic homemade product that he will come and apply that will get rid of the worst roach infestations for up to a year or more.

David Harkins (205) 559 - 8118.

Give him a call! His prices are very reasonable.

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
I got a buddy who lives in Alabama, but he travels often to Georgia.

He has come up with a fantastic homemade product that he will come and apply that will get rid of the worst roach infestations for up to a year or more.

David Harkins (205) 559 - 8118.

Give him a call! His prices are very reasonable.
He better watch out using any chemical in ga that is not registered with the state and epa. He also has to be certified and licensed with the ga dept. of ag.

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
Boric acid (Borax laundry detergent) mixed with sweetened condensed milk to make a paste is very effective. Put small amounts of the paste in the cabinet corners where roaches and ants will find it.

I've made a similar solution dissolving borax with hot water so ants will find the liquid. At first the ants go nuts but after a few hours they go away and don't come back. Recipes are readily found on the internet.

·
Man of Myth and Legend
15,156 Posts
I had a severe and I mean way past the far end of bad ant infestation. Tried many things to get rid of them and I ended up fighting the good fight but losing out more than not.

Tried just plain old Borax. 20 Mule Team. Mixed it with sugar, 3 to 1 in favor of sugar, water to moisten to thick slurry, spread on paper plate or foil and on the counters and floor.

2 days the war was won in my favor. 3 days later a counterattack took place but it was quickly repulsed, ant armies were crushed and no uprisings since.

I have heard it works well on roaches also.

Nemo

·
Member Georgia Carry
11,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Everything is from Home Depot.

He better watch out using any chemical in ga that is not registered with the state and epa. He also has to be certified and licensed with the ga dept. of ag.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
I just use the hot shot pro concentrate around the perimeter, doors, windows, and vents every 3-6 months and keep a few roach traps around inside. If I happen to see a roach, it's half dead and barely moving -- probably only see 1 or 2 a year.

·
Senior Mumbler
6,607 Posts
We buy Tempo SC, mix it at the cleanout dose and spray every 3 to 6 months. It's the same stuff a lot of the pros use, is kitchen safe and kid safe once dry. We do not have any bugs.

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
Everything is from Home Depot.
That is fine but if he is mixing and selling it has to be re approved by the epa and ha dept of ag.
There was a pest control guy several years ago mixing something together for ants and got busted hard.

·
Man of Myth and Legend
15,156 Posts
Yes, he mixing, selling or working to apply it, he needs to stop quick and get all the certs. Otherwise he will be the roach in the corner looking for a way out of the dark.

Nemo

1 - 10 of 10 Posts