Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 20 of 155 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/local/crime/article103009432.html

All lanes of Interstate 85 were reopened early Wednesday but still littered with some rocks and glass after a night of protests over an officer-involved shooting of an African-American man in the University City area. The officer was also African-American.
Twelve police officers were injured Tuesday night in a series of clashes, and reports were coming in early Wednesday of motorists on Interstate 85 being hurt and their vehicles damaged when protestors threw rocks, bottles and traffic cones off interstate overpasses onto traffic below.

·
Registered
14,956 Posts
Would that be considered black on black crime?

·
what me worry?
6,504 Posts
its time to take off the gloves . the rioters destroying property plus hurting innocent people its time to use force and stop it quickly. they dont deserve anything less

·
Well Aged Member
2,127 Posts
its time to take off the gloves . the rioters destroying property plus hurting innocent people its time to use force and stop it quickly. they dont deserve anything less
You are correct, but don't hold your breath waiting for it to happen.

:banghead:

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
In GA you can defend yourself and third parties from threats of harm or death with lethal force, with no limit on distance. I wonder if the same holds true for NC. A few rifles on an overpass 500 yards or so from the "protest" should straighten out the malicious ones pretty quick.

·
Registered
9,360 Posts
yes, cops becoming more violent will surely appease the people that are condemning cops for being violent. :lol:

but that is what will continue to happen. this stuff will continue to escalate over time because the parties involved cannot change their natures.

·
69,784 Posts
In GA you can defend yourself and third parties from threats of harm or death with lethal force, with no limit on distance. I wonder if the same holds true for NC. A few rifles on an overpass 500 yards or so from the "protest" should straighten out the malicious ones pretty quick.
Sounds like a good way to go to prison or get yourself shot by police officers or other armed citizens who see you.

There were "minor injuries." You would have a hard time selling justification to a jury, that it was "necessary" to take 500 yard shots into a crowd, in that instance.

·
69,784 Posts
So the police say he was holding a gun. They say they recovered a gun. They say there are multiple witnesses to the weapon.

His momma said he was holding a book. She was not there, was she? And this is sufficient to riot?

It better turn out he was holding a book, or these people are going to look even more foolish.

·
Ninjaneering Computers
2,652 Posts
It better turn out he was holding a book, or these people are going to look even more foolish.
When has that ever mattered to those people? The media will just quietly move on to something else when it becomes obvious that the cops were right. Remember "Hands up, don't shoot!"?

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Sounds like a good way to go to prison or get yourself shot by police officers or other armed citizens who see you.

There were "minor injuries." You would have a hard time selling justification to a jury, that it was "necessary" to take 500 yard shots into a crowd, in that instance.
A brick is a deadly weapon. Throwing one off of an overpass at a car full of people moving at highway speeds makes it even more so. Saying it was not a threat to life since nobody got hurt is tantamount to emptying a mag towards a crowd and saying it was no big deal because nobody happened to die. If they had guns shooting into traffic from an overpass they would have been shot. A falling brick + 70 MPH unsuspecting car is attempted murder.

·
Seasteading Aficionado
44,900 Posts
So the police say he was holding a gun. They say they recovered a gun. They say there are multiple witnesses to the weapon.

His momma said he was holding a book. She was not there, was she? And this is sufficient to riot?

I thought someone had to be POINTING a firearm or attempting to before I could shoot someone, I didn't think I could just shoot someone for holding a firearm or having a firearm or weapon on their person? Basically, they have to be trying to or actually threatening me with their weapon? That is how I understand it for me. Otherwise I could legally shoot someone at the gun range because they are simply holding a weapon and firing it. That means at a GCO event, if I see someone holding a firearm I can just start shooting them because they are holding a firearm.

Is there a different standard for police officers that I don't know about? If so, what is that different standard? If there is a different standard, why is there a different standard for cops? If there is a different standard for lethal force for police officers, should there be a different standard of lethal force for police officers?

·
69,784 Posts
I thought someone had to be POINTING a firearm or attempting to before I could shoot someone, I didn't think I could just shoot someone for holding a firearm or having a firearm or weapon on their person?
Whether he was pointing it is "unclear," at least according to the OP.

·
Registered
10,809 Posts
Even from what little is known at this time, including the time of the riots, it was a good shooting. Armed suspect failed to drop a weapon after numerous requests to do so and was acting strangely, entering and exiting the vehicle with the gun. All of this is irrelevant to BLM as BLM isn't about actual injustice but rather injustice perceived by personal and racial bias. I recognize that we allow people to protest regardless of how irrational their cause is, but these are protestors, they're thugs and should be treated accordingly by police.

·
Seasteading Aficionado
44,900 Posts
Even from what little is known at this time, including the time of the riots, it was a good shooting. Armed suspect failed to drop a weapon after numerous requests to do so and was acting strangely, entering and exiting the vehicle with the gun. All of this is irrelevant to BLM as BLM isn't about actual injustice but rather injustice perceived by personal and racial bias. I recognize that we allow people to protest regardless of how irrational their cause is, but these are protestors, they're thugs and should be treated accordingly by police.
Not to be picky, but I don't think that is the threshold to shoot someone, either.

·
what me worry?
6,504 Posts
Not to be picky, but I don't think that is the threshold to shoot someone, either.
ok so put yourself in the Leos spot you tell idiot to drop gun and dosent, when would it be ok to shoot after your shot??????? remember,ber you have a little girl to be a daddy to shouldn't this officer be able to come home?

1 - 20 of 155 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.