Riot at Ware State Prison, multiple Officers killed

Discussion in 'Georgia In the News' started by mb300sd, Aug 2, 2020.

1. mrhutch

mrhutch Well-Known Member

Did you read the article? It specifically says nobody died and 2 officers received minor injuries.

2. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

I thought we right wing paranoid gun nuts don't believe anything we read from the news media, but DO always believe what other gun nuts write online.
    So, then I'm going with mb300d's version of events. Not the media's cover-up of it.

3. OWM

OWM Well-Known Member

You have been Assimilated. Resistance was indeed futile.:shock:

4. RedLeg17

RedLeg17 Active Member

I'm not surprised, most prisons are critically understaffed. Sometimes you have one officer filling as many as six posts.

5. mb300sd

mb300sd New Member

I got the 2 dead from another forum and a live stream that they linked the article from. Looks like they've changed it since I last looked, it was like 1 paragraph last night.

If you can find some of the videos, it looked a lot worse. Pretty graphic.

Edit: most were taken down, but here's one. Not sure if allowed so mods remove if not.
    www.facebook.com/kyshawn.williams.37/videos/768665387277121/

Some of the other videos had prisoners that looked like they were bleeding out, and bragging about killing guards.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2020
  6. OWM

OWM Well-Known Member

This could be part of the problem in modern prisons.
    "officers deployed “non-lethal ammunition” on inmates".

7. RedLeg17

RedLeg17 Active Member

They have lethal weapons, you don't typically use them inside the perimeter. The perimeter vehicle and the towers (if they have them) DO have firearms though.

8. gunsmoker

A proper prison system should have guards with guns inside and out.
    Any violence, even (apparently) bare handed attacks, should get the aggressor(s) shot with a real hollowtpoint bullet, center mass.
    Zero tolerance.
    Starting a fight in prison = you're shot into submission, and probably shot into Hell too.

9. RedLeg17

RedLeg17 Active Member

Officers supervise over a hundred offenders. An officer with a firearm inside the facility basically just means that the offenders have a firearm. Armed posts are ALWAYS outside areas that the offenders can access.

10. OWM

OWM Well-Known Member

Not if you have officers inside in strategic locations that are protected from the scum and able to rain fire down on them. Anything moves they get shot. This ain't rocket science they revolt they die. There are no angels in there serving time. Kill em all and let God sort it out.I have no feeling for any in the prisons.

gunsmoker likes this.
  11. gunsmoker

Back in the 1930's, banks often had armored firing positions built into the walls, from which a guard could shoot any robbers in the lobby , but the guard could not be reached from the lobby (although I suppose he could be injured if some lucky shot came through the little slot from which he would do his shooting).
    But basically, he was out of reach of the bad guys but he could reach them!

The guards such a station usually had a carbine, machine gun, or a shotgun --not just a pistol.

The same system could be used in prisons, with access to the guard stations being from private staff-only hallways the inmates are never allowed in.

The guns could even be chained in place so that a guard in that station could maneuver the gun a few feet in any direction, and shoot from any angle, but nobody could physically remove the weapon from that station.

OWM likes this.
  12. moe mensale

moe mensale Well-Known Member

13. OWM

OWM Well-Known Member

14. RedLeg17

RedLeg17 Active Member

It'll never happen. CO's have the same Use of Force requirements as other POST certified officers. The only exception for a CO is that they are authorized to use deadly force to prevent an escape...hit the fence and keep running after being ordered to stop, and it's over.

If you have to go hands-on with an inmate to cuff them and you're already having to write a Use of Force report. The public today would never get behind shooting them for just rioting. Hell, they can't get behind shooting an armed suspect on the street.

15. OWM

OWM Well-Known Member

I know but it never hurts to keep solutions for problems fresh in your mind. Ask yourself a question just a very few years ago could you have even imagined being where things are now. Things change. Marie Antoinette never dreamed her head would leave her body.

16. rmodel65

rmodel65 Yukon Cornelius

Last edited: Aug 2, 2020
  17. RedLeg17

RedLeg17 Active Member

I don't think that any prison in Georgia was constructed with those (maybe GSP, but I've never been there). You can't just put gun walks in a unit as an afterthought.....it would some serious modifications. I don't think I've seen a tower at a Georgia facility that isn't outside the perimeter...

Anyway, you have a large portion of the population that make themselves completely oblivious to the horrendous crimes some of these people committed on the street and view them only as "victims".

18. OWM

OWM Well-Known Member

There you go we finally got to the root of the matter.

19. moe mensale

moe mensale Well-Known Member

I don't know which one of us is the more contrarian one! :lol: