Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know carrying and security at Philips has been discussed at length. In fact, I was checked at a Thrasher's game http://www.georgiapacking.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=37722 not too long ago. But it seems that the general consensus is that security varies by event. So.....anybody been to the circus yet and what is security like?

ETA: Nevermind, it appears that the circus doesn't open until this Thursday

·
Registered
377 Posts
completely of no help here....are you going to zing zang zoom? we went a couple of weeks ago, and it was great! cept the $1,000,000,000 cotton candy..

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Barnum 200- Barnum's Funundrum.....I didn't know there were different shows but apparently that is the one we are going to :? Yeah I will try to make the kids eat and drink before we go so I don't have to take out a loan for a coke and popcorn :shock:

·
Registered
563 Posts
I have tics to this as well. If anyone goes, please post up the details. Thanks

·
Registered
215 Posts
We went to the circus at Philips last year. I carried my G33 IWB. They asked me to empty my pockets at the door. I complied. Then they waved me through. They took a guys pocket knife though. They said he could claim it at the ticket booth afterwards.

·
Registered
377 Posts
well, I didn't carry but there wasn't a check point setup for that type of thing....just ticket rippers

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
YZ#58 said:
Went to the 10:30AM show today and had no problems at all. CC the whole time. At the door they were just checking bags. Didn't even have to empty my pockets. I don't know if security would be any different at the night shows. It was mostly school groups there this morning so security was pretty slim. YMMV

·
Registered
563 Posts
Bmart said:
YZ#58 said:
Went to the 10:30AM show today and had no problems at all. CC the whole time. At the door they were just checking bags. Didn't even have to empty my pockets. I don't know if security would be any different at the night shows. It was mostly school groups there this morning so security was pretty slim. YMMV
Sounds good. I think we go this weekend. Will have to try out my Smart Carry. Next question I have is, should I take the LCP or G27?

Decisons, decisions...

·
Atlanta Overwatch
13,804 Posts
I haven't been to the circus there, but they did have metal detectors and pat downs for the Chick-Fil-A bowl.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Went to the Circus today, but it was at the Gwinnet Civic Center, not Phillips. Still not metal detectors or wands, pretty much no security at all, that I could see.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts