Ringleader Arrested In Test-Target Making Scam

Discussion in 'In the News' started by mzmtg, Jun 27, 2007.

1. mzmtg

mzmtg Active Member

http://outdoorunderground.com/bones/44#more-44

2. slabertooch

slabertooch New Member

Regardless of if this is accurate, all the more reason to try a anything you intend to buy, before you purchase it, or get your information from someone you trust.

I have never put much stock into what I read in a magazine article, now if my brother, father, or good friend tell about something they have first hand information/experience with, thats a whole different ballgame. Article writers and Editors of magazines have more of an interest in selling ad space, and kickbacks, for me to take their opinions for more than a grain of salt.

TBYB (try before you buy), or get your information from someone who has nothing to gain from it.

3. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

I have never received a "test target" with a rifle. Have you? :?

4. ber950

ber950 Active Member

I don't tend to buy new guns, but I have seen them included with new rifles.

5. Tinkerhell

Tinkerhell Active Member

That just sounds... weird. Almost weird enough to believe.

6. peashooter

peashooter New Member

I have received a Test Target, Came with my Weatherby 17 yrs. ago.

7. pyromaster

pyromaster New Member

Survey says that site is satire :D

8. Macktee

Macktee New Member

That's because, like me, you're a cheap bastid and don't buy those new, expensive, semi-custom made, extremely accurate, "tack driver", (did I mention expensive?) rifles the gun magazines gush all over.

I received one with my Walther P-5, but I've never been able to match it. Maybe there's something to the story. Or, maybe I just don't shoot as accurately as the guy at Walther who does it for a living all day, every day...

But, if no firearms were discovered in the house, what caused the "Loud noises, “like firecrackers,†were often heard coming from inside the house." reported by the neighbors?

And the toxic odor? Hmmm? Ah axe youse dat...! Whut wuz it whut made dat noise an' dat odordiforus scent?

Hey! Inquiring minds wants to noze! Ya noze?

Whatever. It was an interesting and entertaining story. :lol: And, could just be true....... 8)

9. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

I bought a Remington 700 VS new in the box. No test target. Of course, it does not come with a scope and has no iron sights, so . . .

10. mzmtg

mzmtg Active Member

Ssshhhhh :wink:

11. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

I've never gotten a test target with a gun, but I did get a signed slip of paper with one, saying what size group it shot durring testing.

12. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

That's interesting. Aren't there too many factors involved (shooter, ammo, wind, etc.) to justify even stating info like that? Just curious.